Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

Any "Stone Cold Blue" FXR2's out there?

(1/11) > >>

RedFXR2:
It occurred to me that even though we talk about the rarity of the Blue FXR3's, to my knowledge, we've never had an owner of a Blue FXR2 on this board.  I've been here since December of 2003 and I can't recall one even visiting, much less becoming a Regular here.

I've only seen one blue "2" on the road and it was last Spring down here.  I was in the car and going somewhere (couldn't chase them down) but the bike had two up heading north on US1 near my home.  They had no luggage--apparently weren't traveling, but I know that Snowbirds sometimes trailer or ship their bikes down for the season.  Only seen it that once.

Anyway, does anybody out there know anybody with a blue FXR2?  Ever see them around? 

FXR2evo99:
Mike in April of 2005 I was at my local dealership and there was a Stone Cold Blue FXR2 in the lobby at the Service Center there.....just getting a bit of work done on it, as it turns out it was right before I purchased my Arresting Red FXR2.  I just happened to be in the parts department and happened to walk through the door and there it was, the Owner of it was standing there so we took a few moments to talk.....that was before I really came to this website of course....and he wasn't that warm about exchanging numbers, one of those feelings you get, a bit reserved.......I told him I was looking to purchase an FXR2, so we had a conversation for about 10 minutes....he was a nice enough guy.....

Like you I hadn't really seen a Stone Cold Blue FXR2 yet, while I had seen a couple of FXR2 Arresting Reds, and of course had seen the FXR3 green (buddy owns that one so easy to see) and I had seen the yellow pearl and tangerine FXR4's at dealerships.....but the FXR2 Stone Cold Blue was pretty exciting to see.....The "HD Decal"  Harley Davidson is simply painted on in a "flat" type color and doesn't "ghost" like the "Arresting Red's "HD Decal" Harley Davdison and the "Stone Cold Blue" color has a bit more "red" in it making it more of a "violet" color than a deep royal blue/purple....while it was exciting to see it....and given there are only 275 of them in the US, I would certainly enjoy owning one...[smiles] I find the "Arresting Red" candy red with the "ghost" "HD Decal" Harley Davidson to be a bit more "Striking" to my eyes....

I like you hope we get an Owner of the Stone Cold Blue to pop in and join us all here.....

Even though that bike resides in a community 7 miles from me I have never seen the bike or the Owner since......

Regards,

Tim

Edited: to correct "Cold Stone Blue to Stone Cold Blue

110tHunDer:

I remembered this member from days past.  Looks like he was just logged in yesterday, so hopefully, he'll be back again soon and see this thread! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2669

RedFXR2:

--- Quote from: 103tHunDer on November 25, 2008, 04:08:06 PM ---
I remembered this member from days past. 
--- End quote ---

Good catch.  After looking at his posts I remembered him, too.

Still out there, "Stone Cold"?

Hoist!:
Found one other here. ;)

richfxr2;  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=306

Says Huntington. Wonder if that's the Huntington near me? He says he's from the left coast and moved to the right coast. Could be. :confused5:

He's never been on since the site's been revamped. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version