Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Texas BBQ Tour 2017  (Read 7273 times)

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
Re: Texas BBQ Tour 2017
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2017, 09:29:09 PM »

Well, I showed the wife the ride report and she had some select comments on my private thoughts (re: washing the bike). I think I'll survive the night, but if I don't show at MITM, please alert the police.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2017, 09:55:36 PM »

Well, I showed the wife the ride report and she had some select comments on my private thoughts (re: washing the bike). I think I'll survive the night, but if I don't show at MITM, please alert the police.

Babe, I really didn't mean it like that....let me explain...
:stop: explaining old makes it worse as with there just never seems a way to make it better, only worse.

Good thing mine has a great since of humor.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• Twisted Rides
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2017, 09:57:35 PM »

I figured it might come up at MITM and thought it better to mitigate...still here typing! She does have a good sense of humor...and a forgiving soul. Perhaps I misquoted?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:59:26 PM by RoadTrip »
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2017, 10:12:16 PM »

I figured it might come up at MITM and thought it better to mitigate...still here typing! She does have a good sense of humor...and a forgiving soul. Perhaps I misquoted?

Your still typing so she definitely has a great since of humor....lol. A little pickin back and forth always adds to the fun of having a great wife.

As for the MITM, you can probably rest assured it will be mentioned...lol.

Back to BBQ, what would be your favorite in the Dallas area if you have any experiences there.

David

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• Twisted Rides
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2017, 09:51:33 AM »

Back to BBQ, what would be your favorite in the Dallas area if you have any experiences there.

Best BBQ. That is a loaded question...sort of like asking about the best motor oil for your bike.

I only lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for ~25 years, so my experience is limited. My personal favs are:

- Fort Worth
     - Railhead
     - Billy's Oak Acres
     - Angelo's
     - Riscky's
 - Hard Eight (Roanoke and Coppell - the pits at the Coppell location are better aged)
 - The Feedstore - Southlake
 - Meet U Anywhere - Grapevine
 - North Main BBQ - Euless (only open Fri-Sun)
 - Baker's Ribs (Dallas, Garland, Rowlett, Mesquite, Grapevine

And ohhh, how I miss Clark's Outpost in Tioga (burned down in 2016). I've heard the Pecan Lodge in Dallas is to die for, but the one time I attempted to go, the line was wrapped around the building. Absent a crisis situation, no food is worth that long of a wait in a first-world country.

But the foodies have there picks too:

- https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2010/february/the-best-barbecue-in-dallas/
  - http://www.dallasobserver.com/restaurants/dallas-fort-worths-10-best-barbecue-joints-7031478
  - http://www.texasmonthly.com/list/the-50-best-bbq-joints-in-the-world/

I just had a moment of self-reflection. I think I now understand why my Kevlar-lined riding pants don't fit as well as they used to. Guess it's time for new pair!

Shall we talk about Mexican restaurants next?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:15:49 AM by RoadTrip »
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2017, 10:28:50 AM »

Thank you for that list. It has been saved to me phone for safe keeping.
Your right BBQ is a very subjective topic, I really enjoy BBQ so we try it often when out riding. Somes really good, some not quite so good, but still have to stop and try. Especially the little hole in the wall type places....lol.
Was in Dallas a few weeks ago having a tune done and we were going to try Pecan Lodge. We were just like you, once we rode by and saw the line so we passed.

Sounds like we need a food section broken down by type....lol

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2017, 11:11:23 AM »

A very good list!  In Dallas still suggest giving Pecan Lodge a try.  Excellent BBQ!  Try mid week, a little after lunch crowd for a shorter line.  Downside: they will probably be out of something, last time was no beef ribs, but we managed.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »

.still here typing! She does have a good sense of humor...and a forgiving soul.

how can we be sure it's you doing the typing & not her ?       :nixweiss:   my guess, is we will have to wait & see if ya show up at MITM
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2017, 10:46:35 AM »

Well we may get to try a pick from the list tonight. If the storms will move east and get us a window we are heading to the Dallas area tonight to to get the bike tuned tomorrow. Have to see how the weather treats us

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• Twisted Rides
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 09:03:20 PM »

The storms have moved east of us. Did you make it into Dallas? And, more importantly, did you score some BBQ?
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2017, 10:32:10 PM »

Yes sir! We were able to sit around here till noon, that was enough time for everything to get east of us here and there in Dallas. Actually cleared out enough that we were able to take the long route that we had originally talked about. Long story short we made it to Dallas last night picked two names off the list. Gave one a heads label the other tails. Quarter came up heads so we hit Hard Eight there at Coppell. Great food and great atmosphere. Will do that one again.....after we try the rest of the list....lol.
Once.again thank you for.the suggestions

David

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• Twisted Rides
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »

Yes sir! We were able to sit around here till noon, that was enough time for everything to get east of us here and there in Dallas. Actually cleared out enough that we were able to take the long route that we had originally talked about. Long story short we made it to Dallas last night picked two names off the list. Gave one a heads label the other tails. Quarter came up heads so we hit Hard Eight there at Coppell. Great food and great atmosphere. Will do that one again.....after we try the rest of the list....lol.
Once.again thank you for.the suggestions

David

And I'm thinking you got your fill!

Texas Monthly just released their latest Top 50...http://www.texasmonthly.com/food/the-list-the-top-50-barbecue-joints-in-texas/. Enjoy!
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:37 PM »

Our fill and more. So easy to get way more than you need when they went to slicing the meat off. That little pile of meat added to that little pile added to the ribs..... oh yea we were full and happy.

Thank you for your post.
David
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 26 queries.