Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Asleep at wheel?  (Read 1029 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Asleep at wheel?
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:50:48 PM »

We all know that people that don't experience what we do, or at least don't enjoy it, won't understand it.  They can't understand that not only is it no stressful but that it's actually relaxing to just head out on a gorgeous day and waste fuel.  Apparently my watch can understand....

The silly watch keeps track of all kinds of things.  Steps, heart rate, a host of other as well and it keeps tabs on how much and how well I sleep.  Out on a truly gorgeous afternoon today riding the Road King.  Love that bike.  Killed one tank, stopped for fuel, got back and rode some more.  All off the highway.  Just outstanding country roads and amazing blue skies.  Low to mid 70s in a t-shirt and gloves.  Couldn't ask for anything better.

Got off at the end of the second tank full to fill up.  As I'm stretching the buzzies out of my butt notice the watch buzz.  Look down and it reads "Congratulations on a great rest!  You've been asleep for two hours and two minutes."

Not relaxing my ass  :drink: .

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Asleep at wheel?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »

now that's technology I like. wait a minute! could it be possible you took a little  :sleeping: nap. I am starting to understand the meaning of TWOLANE rider a little clearer now. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: glad you enjoyed your evening !!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:24:55 PM »

One of my favorite bands.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:48:19 PM »

that's funny....my iwatch give me around 7000 steps/hour while riding.

This means I get more exercise riding than running on a treadmill.  :bananarock:

MGB

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 05:03:41 AM »

Completely agree with you on the stress that riding takes away. Like they say, "leave the worries behind", for just a while if nothing else. Folks that have not done it just don't know what they're missing. Have not been able to ride any two wheeler for the last two months due to a herniated disc problem at L4 and 5 and could not trust my left leg to hold up a two wheeler. Had to rely on the trike, at least it was a good thing to have it to fall back on, kept the wind in my hair. Besides, I had some engine work done on the CVO Eglide and watched and listened as my son was riding it for me after the work was completed. Boy, did it sound good. BUT, yesterday, took a chance and rode it for about a mile. Felt wonderful and it ran great and rode soooo much smoother than the trike. Can't wait till I get shed of this back problem and can get back on the Eglide. Oh yeah,  haven't worn a watch since I retired 15 years ago, but do tote one of them tooooooo smart phones. Good ridn to ya.
Mike

'78 Vette
'78 Tri. Bonneville
'04 SEEG
'13 Ann. Tri-Glide
'02 883 (wife's)
'04 1200 (wife's)
'12 sWITCHBACK (wife's)

"RIDE WATCHA GOT"

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 07:34:17 AM »

Just showed this to the wife. She said NO....
Bill

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.