Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

CVO Breakout 2013 Liquid Sun paint damage

(1/2) > >>

Xaffievh:

Hi,

I am new to this forum as I just purchased a CVO Breakout form 2013 with the Liquid Sun color.
It seems that, about an inch from the filler cap, there is (I can not describe it in antoher way) a brownish structure present in the paintwork. It is not a superficial damage. As it is disturbing me I was wondering if anyobody else encountered something similar. In this case I think a new gas tank, if still available, is an option, but might grinding and application of new lacquer be an option here? I think this might be very difficult or even impossible without ruining the rest of the paintwork.

Thanks for any ideas an greetings from Belgium!

GregKhougaz:
Pictures would be very helpful to get you the best answer / suggestions but from what you say, it sounds like gas fumes or spills have contaminated the paint. I suggest a consultation with a good painter. Best of luck!

Xaffievh:

I will post some detailed pictures as soon as I have collected the bike.

Thanks!

CVODON:
I only assume you use the word "Lacquer" as a description for paint. I am not aware of anything that has had lacquer paint for over 40 years. Whatever is the problem with your tank paint is probably repairable, not cheap but much cheaper than a new tank, if you could find one. Post a photo, maybe one of us can offer an educated solution, maybe.

GKroadking:

--- Quote from: Xaffievh on February 02, 2023, 11:23:00 AM ---    Hi,

I am new to this forum as I just purchased a CVO Breakout form 2013 with the Liquid Sun color.
It seems that, about an inch from the filler cap, there is (I can not describe it in antoher way) a brownish structure present in the paintwork. It is not a superficial damage. As it is disturbing me I was wondering if anyobody else encountered something similar. In this case I think a new gas tank, if still available, is an option, but might grinding and application of new lacquer be an option here? I think this might be very difficult or even impossible without ruining the rest of the paintwork.

Thanks for any ideas an greetings from Belgium!

--- End quote ---

I would take it to an experienced painter and have it checked out. Maybe then you can judge it better.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version