Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ezzy Clean  (Read 4922 times)

Bagger

Ezzy Clean
« on: January 01, 2007, 12:39:15 AM »

I mentioned in another thread that I used this stuff on my 02 Ultra, and it really made the bike shine.  The company's URL is http://www.ezzyclean.com/motorcycle.htm.  They also make a "Bike Wash."  I got this stuff about a month before I got my CVO, so I don't have alot of experience with it.  The MSDS says it contains alcohol based products.  It is my understanding that alcohol will strip wax.  Will it strip Glare?  
Has anyone used Ezzy Clean motorcycle polish?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Ezzy Clean
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 07:31:13 PM »

Henry....haven't tried that, but one that does seem to work well is the S100 Detail Wax...it's in an aerosol spray and contains beeswax and carnuba, so all goes on the surface.  It does a good job of removing the road bugs without harming anything.  I've probably used half my can at this point.  I still want to try the Glare spray though....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 08:54:12 PM »

Has anyone used Ezzy Clean motorcycle polish?
Henry,
Isn't that the stuff Terry uses on our scooters while we sit back drinking beer, and making sure he has an ample supply of cold ones? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Can't get much EZier then that.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

Henry....haven't tried that, but one that does seem to work well is the S100 Detail Wax...it's in an aerosol spray and contains beeswax and carnuba, so all goes on the surface.  It does a good job of removing the road bugs without harming anything.  I've probably used half my can at this point.  I still want to try the Glare spray though....

I've tried S100 before, and I don't care for it.  My experience was a product that is very difficult to remove, and it left streaks.  I haven't had much luck with anything from S100 except the engine brightener.........and that stuff doesn't apply to our scooters, since we have silver powdercoat engines.
Ever since I got my CUSE, I've done quick detailing with Harley Spray Detailer and Polish followed by Harley Gloss, which means I go over the entire machine twice...........which is quite a bit of work for the term "quick" to apply.  I haven't tried the Ezzy Clean Motorcycle Polish on it yet, because it's alcohol content worries me.  Conversely, it never crossed my mind when i used it on my old Ultra, probably because I bought it in a group buy and used it without thinking about it's contents.  A $32K bike makes you think about things you otherwise might not consider! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] My striped parts are going to be replaced anyway, so I may just try it and see if I get the same results..............It's just that alcohol thing.  Don't alcohol bases remove wax?  and other coatings?  like Glare? and Zaino? and RejeX?  Anyone know?  I'd like to.  All this Ezzy Clean stuff aside, I'm ordering the Glare Rapid Action Spray along with the leather cleaner and concourse kit this week.  If this Glare stuff is as good as everyone says it is, I might have to pull out my copy of Title 14 CFR and Title 29 CFR to arrange for transportation and disposal of all these other chemicals on my garage shelves.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Just kidding..........excepted quantities!

Bagger

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 09:03:06 PM »

Henry,
Isn't that the stuff Terry uses on our scooters while we sit back drinking beer, and making sure he has an ample supply of cold ones? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] Can't get much EZier then that.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
He might just do that.  I'll give him what I have leftover.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »

.................... I haven't tried the Ezzy Clean Motorcycle Polish on it yet, because it's alcohol content worries me.  Conversely, it never crossed my mind when i used it on my old Ultra, probably because I bought it in a group buy and used it without thinking about it's contents.  A $32K bike makes you think about things you otherwise might not consider! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] My striped parts are going to be replaced anyway, so I may just try it and see if I get the same results...............[highlight]It's just that alcohol thing  Don't alcohol bases remove wax?[/highlight]  and other coatings?  like Glare? and Zaino? and RejeX?  Anyone know?  I'd like to.  All this Ezzy Clean stuff aside, I'm ordering the Glare Rapid Action Spray along with the leather cleaner and concourse kit this week.  If this Glare stuff is as good as everyone says it is, I might have to pull out my copy of Title 14 CFR and Title 29 CFR to arrange for transportation and disposal of all these other chemicals on my garage shelves.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Just kidding..........excepted quantities!
Bagger,

Alcohol will remove most natural waxes, not sure about all the other man-made products out there.  I've found that the various detail sprays I've tried over the years do remove the carnauba wax I use rather rapidly.  No big deal on a bike, since it doesn't take much time to apply a new coat of wax.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:11 AM »

d00d's the one with the outfit for detailing, 'specially purchased for him in anticipation of the MV trip... ;)

Henry, I don't like all the other S100 stuff, but that works OK for road trips.  Webikeworld has done several reviews on the "quick detailer" products, and basically concluded that while they work to some extent, they all have their drawbacks, and few advantages over a good wash product and water.  I wipe mine down after a days ride (when I'm back home) with a California Dust Mop, which works fairly well in removing the dust that seems to get sucked onto the back of the bags and fender.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.