Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: CVO restricted parts purchase  (Read 22023 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: CVO restricted parts purchase
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »

Interesting.  Jim recently ordered the Screamin Eagle derby cover for Terrie's bike.  Didn't have to turn the old one in.  When I wrecked my bike they replaced much of the chrome parts and all the paint, tank, etc. and it was all given back to me in boxes (the same boxes that the new parts were shipped in).  Of course there wasn't going to be anybody putting that on a bike again.  Maybe photos of the parts (showing all the damage) sufficed.  It would certainly be cheaper than shipping all the parts back.:nixweiss:

But then again........I wonder if dealerships do that just to resale the take offs on ebay or craigslist, to custom painters, etc.. :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Does it say "Screamin' Eagle" or "Screamin' Eagle 103"? The ones our our bikes says "Screamin' Eagle 103"

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 06:17:03 PM »

If its a warranty they have a right to get the parts back, in fact that part belongs to them. If I buy it, the old part is mine, no question. Do you guys really believe a dealer would pay a fine for selling a part? Be realistic. Harley can not charge you for a part, full price, and ask you to send in the old part. This is  the stealer doing this. All that is really needed is the s/n of the bike the part is ordered for. I caught the dealer here with a Air Filter insert that was warrantied off my 05 SEEG that he had to return, just had to. Then it showed up on the tech who installed it's bike at bikenite a couple weeks later ( I had scratched it where the paint came off the lettering and when he repainted the lettering he didn't get the scratch covered good) I didn't care because I had a new one, but I did point it out to the owner of the dealer that this was going on, they just smiled.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 03:44:00 AM »

I just bought the color inseret for an 04 b/b dash.  40.00 part and they would not order it for me without a vin.  I wasn't really too upset when they asked me for it,   I was kind of glad to see that HD is trying to protect us and them from the imposters. Took only 3 days for it to show up too. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:43:17 PM by cvostu »

idzin

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2009, 08:40:01 AM »

Just yesterday I was tried to order a new front fender and a left rear fender support for my 04 SED and was told I had to turn in the old parts WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER....then 6 - 8 weeks delivery....so what am i supposed to do....drive around without a fender for two months?...THATS RIDICULOUS...Although the dealer was offering a 20% discount

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42:44 AM »

Just yesterday I was tried to order a new front fender and a left rear fender support for my 04 SED and was told I had to turn in the old parts WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER....then 6 - 8 weeks delivery....so what am i supposed to do....drive around without a fender for two months?...THATS RIDICULOUS...Although the dealer was offering a 20% discount
Now that's a first.... you may want to check with another dealer I'll have to call that BS. I've had restricted parts replaced and they were ordered and upon arrival/install the old parts were kept.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

idzin

• CVO1: 2004 FXSTDSE2
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 09:25:32 AM »

I figured as much....I was also purchasing $3300 in parts...I checked with most of the local dealers and this one was offering the best discount...I guess for that size of an order I should look at dealers further out...

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 10:24:56 AM »

I can understand the rationale of restricting specific SE parts, but it's very frustrating when you can't purchase an SE part for an SE motorcycle.

I bought a 2009 SE Road Glide, then spent a pile of money buying a docking kit, 2 up detachable Tour Pak mount, King Tour Pak, rear speakers, premium Tour Pak rack, and the auxiliary tail/brake light kit for the Tour Pak. I then try to purchase a Screamin Eagle insert for between the lights on the Tour Pak. The Parts Manager at a local dealer tells me that I CAN'T buy the insert because it's a restricted SE part number. I politely tell him that I have a Screamin Eagle motorcycle and that I can provide a serial number, and that I can bring in my bike to prove it. I am told that because my $40k Screamin Eagle Road Glide didn't come with a Tour Pak, I can't buy the part.

This is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »

I can understand the rationale of restricting specific SE parts, but it's very frustrating when you can't purchase an SE part for an SE motorcycle.

I bought a 2009 SE Road Glide, then spent a pile of money buying a docking kit, 2 up detachable Tour Pak mount, King Tour Pak, rear speakers, premium Tour Pak rack, and the auxiliary tail/brake light kit for the Tour Pak. I then try to purchase a Screamin Eagle insert for between the lights on the Tour Pak. The Parts Manager at a local dealer tells me that I CAN'T buy the insert because it's a restricted SE part number. I politely tell him that I have a Screamin Eagle motorcycle and that I can provide a serial number, and that I can bring in my bike to prove it. I am told that because my $40k Screamin Eagle Road Glide didn't come with a Tour Pak, I can't buy the part.

This is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Can you get someone with an SEUC order one under their VIN? 
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 06:33:56 PM »

Can you get someone with an SEUC order one under their VIN? 
:devil:

That is one option. I do have a friend that has an 08 CVO Ultra but his bike is the anniversary copper colour and the insert is painted to match the bike...so that doesn't work, AND he may have to produce the old part which isn't an option.

I got upset enough when I was told "you cannot buy that part" that I decided to go a slightly different route. I am getting "Screamin Eagle" lettering digitized, and I am going to get a piece of SS laser cut to use as an insert. I plan to mill out part of the space behind the plate to facilitate LED strips that I will use as a brake light. When that's done I am going to convert the Tour Pak lights from tail/stop to tail/signal.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 06:55:50 PM »

It just depends on the dealer, apparently. I've gotten the 'must turn in old part' to send me the money----no questions asked.  I've purchased numerous painted tins w/o turning in anything.  So, whatever the real policy is, it's not consistently enforced.  :drink:  spyder
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:32:59 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »

Jenni did not require me to turn in My 2003 SE Deuce Gas Tank to buy a new one...it is still in the box actually!

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

rascal1007

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »

Jenni did not require me to turn in My 2003 SE Deuce Gas Tank to buy a new one...it is still in the box actually!

/Bill
I was dealing with a local Calgary Harley dealer and he refused.

Lesson learned!  May try Jenni next time I need some parts. Just ordered a bunch from Zanotti; their prices seem to be the lowest I have found. I like to support local businesses but it's hard to justify. I just bought an nameplate insert for the top of my Tour Pak "part number 14651-06" which cost me $50.95 CDN plus Tax. Zanotti has the same part number for $23.96 USD plus Freight. Very hard to justify the difference. I, like most, have to work for what I earn and have a difficult time spending double for the same part to support local businesses.

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 12:35:08 AM »

I wonder if I can order a 2010 ultra gas tank cover with the bar and shield logo and CVO on it for my '06. Don't know if it would fit but I sure like the look.

Topper

Here is a link to a pic of the cover:

http://toppers-pictures.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Stuff/CVO/2010-FLHTCUSE-SEUC5/9125627_pNvQn#608257665_kneiC
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 07:32:02 AM »

I have  nice blue takeoff  for an '04 SED on I'll sell for $200
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:55:59 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »

My FXSTSSE3 didnt come with a tach or an end cap on my air cleaner, seems like since the air cleaner is more or less disposable I might be able to find someone with an FXSTSSE2 and you know ?? Anyone given any guff with air cleaner elements????   I really like the look of the end cap adds a-lot in my opinion..
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.