Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Glare Polish - Houston we have a problem  (Read 14371 times)

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
Glare Polish - Houston we have a problem
« on: May 19, 2007, 03:48:57 PM »

Now that I have your attention, I will give my review of the Glare product line that I recently tried. First, let me say that I am always looking for that great cleaner, polish, wax, or whatever that will give the best results. Yep, I’m usually the one at the bike rally buying that new miracle product thinking, Hey this may be the one.

Glare Turbo Action Wheel Cleaner
I tried this on my wife’s car last weekend and my first thoughts were, Well, it does o.k. but nothing great about dirt/grime removal. After finishing all four wheels and also my pickup, my first impression changed to Yes, this works pretty good in comparison of other products. It may not be truly a spray and hose off as the directions would say, but it’s pretty darn close. The luster of the wheel was very nice after rinsing.  Thus, my rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

Glare Professional Polish
I gave my SEEG a good wash and then began applying the Glare polish. I would also like to mention for everyone my method for washing which I suggest that each of you do. I use a 2 bucket method for washing any of my vehicles. One bucket is for suds and the 2nd bucket is for rinse water only. After a sweep of the vehicle with your soaped wash mitt, NEVER put the mitt back in the suds pail until you rinse the mitt in the rinse water. The rationale here is to remove any grit and smaller particles in your wash mitt by rinsing it before it is introduced back in your suds pail. This will certainly reduce those fine scratches you find in your paint no matter how careful you are when you wash.

Total detail time was apprx. 3 hrs. although you can expect longer for a really thorough detail. I was pressed for time and rushed it; not spending as much time on the nook and cranny areas.

Application and removal is easy in comparison to typical polishing products; and I would say easier than your typical wax product. The one factor that truly impressed me is that this product is a one size fits all, and is suitable for your paint, windshield, chrome, and custom wheels. The shine on the paint is very nice and the chrome is just awesome. I’ve used Zaino in the past on my bike and while not taking anything away from Zaino, I was impressed with the results achieved with Glare in all areas; especially Chrome. The only negative I find with this product is the paste residual you have that requires additional detailing around your gas tank areas and areas where you would have trim/paint or the like.  Therefore, this product receives 4.5 out of 5 stars. If it weren’t for the pasty residual, 5 out of 5 stars would be given.

Oh, and the Houston we have a problem; that’s because it looks like now it we have a new leader for the detailing shelf which will most likely require trying other products by this company.

Ride Safe.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
Re: Glare Polish - Houston we have a problem
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:36:02 PM »

Good to hear another  :2vrolijk_21: for Glare

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 10:43:57 AM »

Now that I have your attention, I will give my review of the Glare product line that I recently tried. First, let me say that I am always looking for that great cleaner, polish, wax, or whatever that will give the best results. Yep, I’m usually the one at the bike rally buying that new miracle product thinking, Hey this may be the one.

Glare Turbo Action Wheel Cleaner
I tried this on my wife’s car last weekend and my first thoughts were, Well, it does o.k. but nothing great about dirt/grime removal. After finishing all four wheels and also my pickup, my first impression changed to Yes, this works pretty good in comparison of other products. It may not be truly a spray and hose off as the directions would say, but it’s pretty darn close. The luster of the wheel was very nice after rinsing.  Thus, my rating is 4 out of 5 stars.

I gave my SEEG a good wash and then began applying the Glare polish. I would also like to mention for everyone my method for washing which I suggest that each of you do. I use a 2 bucket method for washing any of my vehicles. One bucket is for suds and the 2nd bucket is for rinse water only. After a sweep of the vehicle with your soaped wash mitt, NEVER put the mitt back in the suds pail until you rinse the mitt in the rinse water. The rationale here is to remove any grit and smaller particles in your wash mitt by rinsing it before it is introduced back in your suds pail. This will certainly reduce those fine scratches you find in your paint no matter how careful you are when you wash.

Total detail time was apprx. 3 hrs. although you can expect longer for a really thorough detail. I was pressed for time and rushed it; not spending as much time on the nook and cranny areas.

Application and removal is easy in comparison to typical polishing products; and I would say easier than your typical wax product. The one factor that truly impressed me is that this product is a one size fits all, and is suitable for your paint, windshield, chrome, and custom wheels. The shine on the paint is very nice and the chrome is just awesome. I’ve used Zaino in the past on my bike and while not taking anything away from Zaino, I was impressed with the results achieved with Glare in all areas; especially Chrome. The only negative I find with this product is the paste residual you have that requires additional detailing around your gas tank areas and areas where you would have trim/paint or the like.  Therefore, this product receives 4.5 out of 5 stars. If it weren’t for the pasty residual, 5 out of 5 stars would be given.

Oh, and the Houston we have a problem; that’s because it looks like now it we have a new leader for the detailing shelf which will most likely require trying other products by this company.

Ride Safe.

I ordered some more Pro Polish and the Ultra Wash this time. I'll check that out and report. What can we use to remove Glare? I polished over some bug guts that I didnt notice and now am unable to remove said guts.
This stuff is like iron after you apply it, its on baby! Also, as I have posted before, you can get it cheaper as Honda Glare Pro Polish online includes free shipping too, they hit me for 5 bucks handling.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 12:16:55 PM »

I think I hit every bug in three states coming back from Kentucky Friday...yesterday, I washed all the painted parts with Dawn dishwashing liquid, and it seemed to remove them better, plus removed some of the detailing sprays I had used to get the bugs off on various rides I've done in the last few weeks.  I don't think it completely stripped the Glare off the paint, but it did help.  I put another application of the Pro on when I finished, and it's looking good again.  The stuff really does form a microorgasmicmolecularbond with the paint.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »

Its the Glasspexin!

See Below  :2vrolijk_21:
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »

;)Ah but does it protect against the Florida Kangorillapig that world famous nocturnal bat sized flying rat :'(

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »

;)Ah but does it protect against the Florida Kangorillapig that world famous nocturnal bat sized flying rat :'(

Hmm....not sure.Hoping I don't have to find out ! ;D

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 06:40:10 PM »

Yes it also protects from meteor showers and direct SCUD missile hits as well!
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »

I think I hit every bug in three states coming back from Kentucky Friday...yesterday, I washed all the painted parts with Dawn dishwashing liquid, and it seemed to remove them better, plus removed some of the detailing sprays I had used to get the bugs off on various rides I've done in the last few weeks.  I don't think it completely stripped the Glare off the paint, but it did help.  I put another application of the Pro on when I finished, and it's looking good again.  The stuff really does form a microorgasmicmolecularbond with the paint.
Yeah - what Terry said...
Finally got to the point where I can at least do some work on the new bike after the appendectomy (still only two miles on the odo!).  I washed the bike with Dawn to remove the Harley glaze the dealer used to prep the bike for delivery.  That did the trick to remove the glaze.  I then followed the directions on the Polish.  First coat, just like a polish - rubbed in until it disappeared.  Next applied the second coat - much easier than any other wax I've ever used.  The result - fantastic.  I'd just washed the wifes Acura TL (had to or she wouldn't let me wash the Jester  >:().  It's black - I did the hood - what a difference.  It  looked a mile deep.  What really got my attention on the Jester - the metal flake seems to jump out of the paint.  Really kewl!
I'm sold on Glare.  Guess I'll have to try more of their products.
TCinVA

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

Yeah - what Terry said...
Finally got to the point where I can at least do some work on the new bike after the appendectomy (still only two miles on the odo!).  I washed the bike with Dawn to remove the Harley glaze the dealer used to prep the bike for delivery.  That did the trick to remove the glaze.  I then followed the directions on the Polish.  First coat, just like a polish - rubbed in until it disappeared.  Next applied the second coat - much easier than any other wax I've ever used.  The result - fantastic.  I'd just washed the wifes Acura TL (had to or she wouldn't let me wash the Jester  >:().  It's black - I did the hood - what a difference.  It  looked a mile deep.  What really got my attention on the Jester - the metal flake seems to jump out of the paint.  Really kewl!
I'm sold on Glare.  Guess I'll have to try more of their products.
TCinVA
Since you feeling better I could bring mines up and you could try some Glare on it. ;) ;D Seriously glad to hear that you can get out and do some stuff on your bike. Hearing that you are able to do that I know it will not be to much longer before you can get in the wind. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 08:34:47 PM »

Gary,
If all goes well, I'll be rolling this Friday.  That'll be six weeks since the surgery.  I'm feeling great, so I'm confident I'll finally be able to get some breakin miles on the Jester.  Also installed the LED brake strip from Custom Dynamics - the one so many of the other folks have used.  As soon as I get the chance, I'll get some pictures together.
Hopefully we can get together for a ride soon.
Tony

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 08:39:12 PM »

Gary,
If all goes well, I'll be rolling this Friday.  That'll be six weeks since the surgery.  I'm feeling great, so I'm confident I'll finally be able to get some breakin miles on the Jester.  Also installed the LED brake strip from Custom Dynamics - the one so many of the other folks have used.  As soon as I get the chance, I'll get some pictures together.
Hopefully we can get together for a ride soon.
Tony
Sounds good can't wait. :2vrolijk_21: I'll have some more bling to show you that I've added. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 09:37:13 AM »

Why didn't I think of that. :nixweiss: The rinse bucket is a "Top 5" tip in my book. :2vrolijk_21:

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 11:00:37 PM »

Why didn't I think of that. :nixweiss: The rinse bucket is a "Top 5" tip in my book. :2vrolijk_21:

Glad to hear it, Bobaroni.... It's certainly works and will make a difference....

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »

Hey Hogdude...thanx for the post....made me feel much better about myself, glad to know i'm not the only one so obsessed...The cabinet in my garage looks like a test booth for cleaning products.....Guess i'll be adding some glare products in there if I can find room to fit them in :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.