Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 84794 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »

:puke:

Hey now, was that called for? I resemble that remark!!! :o ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #346 on: October 13, 2008, 04:16:39 PM »

:puke:

AAWWWWW did he hold yer hair after too many cheri-tinis??? You rock Hoisie ;)

sowwy Binxie, couldn't reisist!
I like shiny stuff!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #347 on: October 13, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »

Soon it'll be time to do a minor transformation to Joy! ordered a buncha parts for her. Now that I've used her a bit, I think I know what to do, for now anyway. Nothing major. First the stock mid controls go back on. I decided to keep the HD Flame foot pegs on. I ordered a 3rd set so all 3 match. But might decide to use the standard HD anti-vibration rider pegs. I'll have both now. Got the HD chrome footpeg hardware too. Ordered the HD Flame shifter peg and HD Flame hand grips w/Flame end caps too. And a HD chrome timer plug just for S&G's! ;D

I ordered the HD Low Upright Medallion Style, HD Top Stitch Low Backrest Pad, HD Leather B&S Sissy Bar Bag, and HD Sport 4-Bar Luggage Rack. That should help Binx a little back there, and give us a little storage space for now.

For handlebars, I decided to try to leave the risers and the PIA indicator setup alone for now. I'm gonna try the HD 56085-83T Chrome Handlebars out. Stock are 28" tip to tip, 8" base width, 3.5" rise, and 6.25" pullback. I thought I'd try to keep the sportier riding position with the mid controls back on. The bars I'm trying are 31" tip to tip, 7.75" base width, 4.5" rise, and 5.75" pullback. I'm hoping they raise my hands the little more I need, and give it even a sportier feel with the right positioning. For 40 bucks it's worth a shot.

The bike runs great with the carb/pipes/ignition change from the beginning. Never rode her stock, but didn't have any desire to either. This is how a stock Evo should run. Thinking of a lil headwork, compression and cams to get her up to about 80HP. This light lil bike should run really great that way!

The suspension's been fine so far. I think I'll hold off on anything there. But I'll prolly be ordering the direct bolton 6-piston PM differential bore chrome front, and 4-piston DB PM chrome rear calipers soon too.

After I get the parts and get to it, I'll get some more pics up. She's my only bike on the road right now and I'm lovin riding her! She'll only get better from here on! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Now let's try it again before this resembles the Hijack This Thread thread! :o

See above quote!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedFXR2

« Reply #348 on: October 13, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »

Is the coast clear now?  I don't want to get in the middle of a family argument. ;D

And a HD chrome timer plug just for S&G's! ;D

And all this time I thought I was the only one who had one of those things.   ;)

Howie, It does me good to see somebody else still messing around with a (soon to be) ten year old bike like it's brand new.  I suffer from the same disease.

Binx, I know it's hard to understand....... ::) ;D ;D ;D

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #349 on: October 13, 2008, 07:14:35 PM »

Is the coast clear now?  I don't want to get in the middle of a family argument. ;D

Howie, It does me good to see somebody else still messing around with a (soon to be) ten year old bike like it's brand new.  I suffer from the same disease.

I do it with 'ole granny' .......  still buying her chrome presents from time to time.  :coolblue:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedFXR2

« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

I do it with 'ole granny' .......  still buying her chrome presents from time to time.  :

As well you should.  I've seen all the CVO bikes several times over in person.  But I've only seen pictures of "Ole Granny".  She's one of a kind. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2008, 10:47:43 PM »

And all this time I thought I was the only one who had one of those things.   ;)

Binx, I know it's hard to understand....... ::) ;D ;D ;D

I think I'll be messin and tweakin til I bite the dust! Remember what I'm doing to a 25 YO solid mount WG right now too! And it's right in my Avatar! When will my bikes be done? When Pigs Fly!!! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2008, 01:28:30 AM »

When will my bikes be done? When Pigs Fly!!! ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2008, 10:37:29 AM »

That pic looks familiar. I'll try using it somewhere! ::) ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »

The HD Low Upright Medallion Style (w/B&S Medallion on back) and HD Top Stitch Low Backrest Pad look great on the bike. That'll definitely help Binx a lot back there. The Chrome Timer Hole Plug is always a nice touch on an Evo too! :2vrolijk_21:

The HD Sport 4-Bar Luggage Rack hasn't arrived yet. Waiting on that, and the HD quick remove trans dipstick and the HD oil temp dipstick too. ???

The HD Leather B&S Sissy Bar Bag is a waste and is going back. Don't waste your money on it! :thumbsdown:

Got the HD Flame stuff, but waiting on the handlebars. Will do the bars and mid-controls together when the bars come in. ;)

That's it for TODAY'S UPDATE on Joy! ;D

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:12:16 PM by Hoist! »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »

The HD Low Upright Medallion Style (w/B&S Medallion on back) and HD Top Stitch Low Backrest Pad look great on the bike. That'll definitely help Binx a lot back there. The Chrome Timer Hole Plug is always a nice touch on an Evo too! :2vrolijk_21:

The HD Sport 4-Bar Luggage Rack hasn't arrived yet. Waiting on that, and the HD quick remove trans dipstick and the HD oil temp dipstick too. ???

The HD Leather B&S Sissy Bar Bag is a waste and is going back. Don't waste youe money on it! :thumbsdown:

Got the HD Flame stuff, but waiting on the handlebars. Will do the bars and mid-controls together when the bars come in. ;)

That's it for TODAY'S UPDATE on Joy! ;D

Hoist! 8)
Which handlebars??

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2008, 02:11:29 PM »

Which handlebars??

You know the ones that allow the wind to blow the underarm sweat behind you rather than drip on your pants :)

Ape Hangers of course  :2vrolijk_21:

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »

You know the ones that allow the wind to blow the underarm sweat behind you rather than drip on your pants :)

Binx sure is a trooper  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #358 on: October 15, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »

Which handlebars??

HeHe!!! Actually, not this time! Trying out HD 56085-83T, Chrome Super Glide Handlebars. 1" taller rise and 3" wider than stock FXR3 bars. Forty bucks! it's worth a try before I have to start messing with riser changes! That's a hornet's nest cause of the integrated PIA indicator lamps built into the riser clamp! ;)

Hoist! 8)

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #359 on: October 15, 2008, 02:25:03 PM »

HeHe!!! Actually, not this time! Trying out HD 56085-83T, Chrome Super Glide Handlebars. 1" taller rise and 3" wider than stock FXR3 bars. Forty bucks! it's worth a try before I have to start messing with riser changes! That's a hornet's nest cause of the integrated PIA indicator lamps built into the riser clamp! ;)

Hoist! 8)

MY God MAN! WHat's happened to you gettin old???? ;D You know you can't ride with nothin' less  :nixweiss:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.