Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!  (Read 84818 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Hoist's New BLUE 3!!!
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »

And that's exactly what I did today!!! Dropped Joy off for that work, and brought the Pro Street home, ALL LEGAL WITH PLATES!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Should be picking Joy back up this weekend!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #376 on: November 02, 2008, 08:41:24 AM »

TODAY'S UPDATE:

Went to the shop yesterday to see if we can find the right bars for Joy. Well, Tim's not gonna like this, but we did. I tried those Super Glide bars I picked up w/6" risers. NG. Fugly and not comfortable. As soon as I saw that look, I knew some kinda Apes would be required instead. I tried 8" & 10" baby apes w/6" risers. Not quite right. Then I tried the 12.5" w/3.5" straight round risers! Perfect!!! We have a winner. So I'm going with the:

Flanders G3: The Original Tall Apehanger BarsĀ®
Height: 12.5"
Pullback: 10"
Center: 8.5"
Width: 34.5"
Diameter: 1"

Sit on a level bike, close your eyes and reach your arms out where you wanna be. Bingo!!! Right on the grips of the Flanders! Just where they belong. I was fortunate enough to be able to do this myself, with access to my friend's parts department, and try so many different setups. The G3's w/3.5" risers was perfect! Using urethane riser bushings and chrome hardware too.

So, that's the final piece of the setup puzzle. The mid controls are back on and that's a much better setup than the FC they had on her when I got her. Now I'm getting the handlebars to match my perfect arm/seating position. Joy should now be a joy to ride!!! With a killer look too!!! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:22:10 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2008, 11:37:54 AM »

Can't wait to see the bike and bars together Howie.  The mental image that comes up looks great.  If the arms and shoulders are happy that's most important thing of course.  But I'll bet she looks great too.

All new cables or will some of it reach?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #378 on: November 02, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »

Can't wait to see the bike and bars together Howie.  The mental image that comes up looks great.  If the arms and shoulders are happy that's most important thing of course.  But I'll bet she looks great too.

Not sure on that one yet Don. We needed to order the bars and risers. I'm sure the clutch cable's gotta go. Not sure how much extra control wiring is hanging out in the headlamp housing, throttle cables and brakeline might be OK. We shall see! But whatever it needs, it needs! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #379 on: November 02, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »

Not sure on that one yet Don. We needed to order the bars and risers. I'm sure the clutch cable's gotta go. Not sure how much extra control wiring is hanging out in the headlamp housing, throttle cables and brakeline might be OK. We shall see! But whatever it needs, it needs! ;)

Hoist! 8)

This has been about a brazillion years ago.  But one of the old FXR bikes that I abused and trashed used to have got 10" apes and there was plenty of wire.  At least at the moment just can't recall on the cables though. 

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2008, 12:05:58 PM »

Howie
        The best bars I ever found for FXR's were flat track bars from Flanders. You set them up with a 9" riser with a 45 degree bend and they are freakin perfect. Especially the way you ride.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #381 on: November 15, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »

OK, you'll have to wait til next weekend to see the "new and improved" Joy! The 12.5" Flanders Apes with 3-1/2" risers are perfect for me! I mounted them myself at the shop today cause they were pretty busy. We'll need new braided SS cables and brakeline, which can be measured and ordered now. We will need to extend the wiring too, but shouldn't be too bad since we're not internally wiring the bars. I also have the HD Flame grips, which will match the 3 sets of HD Flame Pegs (mid controls, highway. and passenger) and Shifter Peg. Also changing those ugly stock exhaust brackets to chrome ones. Bike should be done for next weekend! :2vrolijk_21:

No motor work this winter for her. Next winter I think. Only around 10K miles on her, and see no need to go into the motor at all. She doesn't leak a drop, so that'll give me something to do to her next winter. I think I will however replace the front and rear brake calipers. I'll use a PM Chrome 6-piston differential bore (same as on Cybil and the '85 FXWG; 4-piston polished PM on the Pro Street) on the front. I'll use the PM chrome 4-piston caliper for the rear! After that, she'll be completely setup properly for me. Won't need anymore cosmetic or ergonomic changes. Just the engine performance mods! :o :D

Tim, you gotta get used to a CVO FXR3 w/apehangers. I tried, but just couldn't stay away. All my bikes are setup 14"-16" total rise (risers + bars), except the Pro Street. Just couldn't bring myself to change that. Not too high, but just right! I guess I'm an apehanger kinda guy. What can I say! :huepfenjump3:

So with that, hopefully I'll be picking up Joy AND the '85 completely redone CVO Style FXWG (some pics in the EVO Section added tonight) next weekend. That leaves Cybil and the new Hoist Bobber (a rigid made from all the replaced parts from my '85 WG) to be done by the Spring. It looks like the pigs might actually start flying in a few months!!! ::) :D ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 02:45:50 AM by Hoist! »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #382 on: November 15, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »

So with that, hopefully I'll be picking up Joy AND the '85 completely redone CVO Style FXWG (some pics in the EVO Section added tonight) next weekend. That leaves Cybil and the new Hoist Bobber (a rigid made from all the replaced parts from my '85 WG) to be done by the Spring. It looks like the pigs might actually start flying in a few months!!! ::) :D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie, I've forgotten now.  When they're all back home which one is it that goes up for sale before Binx lets you back in the house?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #383 on: November 15, 2008, 07:51:07 PM »

Howie, I've forgotten now.  When they're all back home which one is it that goes up for sale before Binx lets you back in the house?

My 2000 triple red SERG that's being stored in Joplin right now!!! :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #384 on: November 15, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »

My 2000 triple red SERG that's being stored in Joplin right now!!! :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hey Beavis!!  Binx never said I had to sleep in the garage!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #385 on: November 15, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »

Hey Beavis!!  Binx never said I had to sleep in the garage!!

When she finds out about that SERG, we both will be Butthead!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #386 on: November 15, 2008, 07:58:47 PM »

When she finds out about that SERG, we both will be!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

oh chit  ???         :oops:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »

It's a pretty nice day today here in NYC! Almost 50deg now! Finally going to pickup Joy!!! Tonight I'll try to get pics of her lastest config with the mid-controls and Flanders Original Apes on!!! Catch ya'll later!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »

TODAY"S UPDATE:

It's not tonight yet, but it's startin to get colder. Took some pics in the sun, so might as well throw em up for ya'll!

REAL Handlebars, mid-controls back on, and replaced those crappy looking exhaust brackets with chrome ones. :2vrolijk_21:

Oh yeah, the SS Braided Clutch and Throttle cables and brakelines were added too! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 05:55:22 PM by Hoist! »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2008, 03:05:44 PM »

!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.