Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: replacing boom stage 2 lid speakers  (Read 3588 times)

jrf55

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2018 GUNSHIP GREY ROAD GLIDE CVO
replacing boom stage 2 lid speakers
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:19:50 AM »

Keep blowing rear speakers on a 2018 RG cvo with stage 2 boom audio . So since we all spend good money for these bike I didn't want to have to change out the whole audio system which most people to do . My question is has anyone replaced lid speakers with Rockford Fosgate tms57 speakers "which I know are coaxial speakers not component" and added a tweeter separate with the remaining plug which is a separate channel from the bi amp. Would it act like a component speaker . I like the TMS57 speakers cause they are a direct fit "no hacking up the lids and they are waterproof. American hard bags makes a really nice tweeter mount that looks very clean. Any responses would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:21:41 PM by jrf55 »

CVOFla

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 18 CVO SG Lava Org
Re: replacing boom stage 2 lid speakers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 10:26:25 AM »

I have the same question. I have a 2018 CVO SG and have blown my second saddlebag speaker. I can have it replaced under warranty but would prefer to resolve the issue.
Anyone with replacement Boom Audio 2 direct replacements?
The second mouse gets the cheese.

CVOFla

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 18 CVO SG Lava Org
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »

Just got off the phone with Pete at Soundz in Daytona, Wow, great info great honest recommendations.

I'm going to replaced all 6 speakers and amps plus add 2 more speakers on the tour pak all on the factory harness. It will have reduce the weight by 30 lbs. have more power and a much better sound.

All top of the line options $3,800

I can drive over and wait on it while they do the install  :orange: 
The second mouse gets the cheese.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 12:21:41 PM »

I had 1 rear woofer blow while on vacation last year and unplugged the blown woofer to get me home without the nasty distortion. Once I got back I had the dealer order me a new one and had it installed under warranty. Been all good since, but....once the warranty train has expired I've already got a really good quote from Biketronics that I plan on pursuing which will get rid of the whole Boom II system except for the head unit and replace all including adding lower fairing speakers.

Check with Mike @ Biketronics
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:28:42 PM by rayson56 »
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 12:25:35 PM »

Just got off the phone with Pete at Soundz in Daytona, Wow, great info great honest recommendations.

I'm going to replaced all 6 speakers and amps plus add 2 more speakers on the tour pak all on the factory harness. It will have reduce the weight by 30 lbs. have more power and a much better sound.

All top of the line options $3,800

I can drive over and wait on it while they do the install  :orange:

Wow  -   Keep us in the loop how that works out!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:23:57 PM »

went with the following system on my new bike. I have always done upgraded systems on my bikes with the best components available at that time but this system blows them all away. I literally could listen to a baseball game at 85MPH and not miss a word. Not only gets crazy loud but incredibly clear and balanced.
Equipment:
Focal ES 165 KX2's and Hertz ST 25 Horn Tweeters in fairing, Audio Frog GS693 6X9's also with Hertz ST 25 Horn Tweeters in saddlebags all powered by 2 Arc Moto 600.4 amps run through Arc PSM DSP. with the exception of the added speaker grill which blends in very well (shown in pic) all looks completely stock from outside.
Alan

psoff

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:43:37 AM »

went with the following system on my new bike. I have always done upgraded systems on my bikes with the best components available at that time but this system blows them all away. I literally could listen to a baseball game at 85MPH and not miss a word. Not only gets crazy loud but incredibly clear and balanced.
Equipment:
Focal ES 165 KX2's and Hertz ST 25 Horn Tweeters in fairing, Audio Frog GS693 6X9's also with Hertz ST 25 Horn Tweeters in saddlebags all powered by 2 Arc Moto 600.4 amps run through Arc PSM DSP. with the exception of the added speaker grill which blends in very well (shown in pic) all looks completely stock from outside.

I'm very curious on your 6x9 install. Well your whole system actually. Can you post pictures of how/where you have all your speakers and horns mounted. I want to put 6X9s in my lids but I do not see how they can fit with out removing the power locks in the bag lids.

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 11:31:48 AM »

Different strokes but I (for me and my older ears) the best, clearest sound comes from my speakers in my helmet.

I have tested both 50, 60, and 70 mph and to get descent volume/clarity at speed the boom is turned way up and really doesn't compare, with my helmet speakers.

The boom sounds great in the garage, but leaves a lot to be desired once you fire it up and get moving down the road.

Save your money for a more meaningful upgrade.

Try helmet speakers, the sound is almost as good as my air pods.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:35:47 AM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »

Different strokes but I (for me and my older ears) the best, clearest sound comes from my speakers in my helmet.

I have tested both 50, 60, and 70 mph and to get descent volume/clarity at speed the boom is turned way up and really doesn't compare, with my helmet speakers.

The boom sounds great in the garage, but leaves a lot to be desired once you fire it up and get moving down the road.

Save your money for a more meaningful upgrade.

Try helmet speakers, the sound is almost as good as my air pods.
different strokes for sure, to me listening to music on $10 helmet speakers just doesn't work for me though I wish it did for my pocketbook! If you put in a good system music will be sharp and clear at any speed but for sure that has a large price tag.
Why God makes chocolate and vanilla!
Alan

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.