Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fluids Changed in prep for Milwaukee... primary derby cover was a beyotch!!  (Read 812 times)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member

The donation to this board has more than paid for itself!!  Thanks to all here, I stopped at Sears and added an Impact Tool to my box along with a T27 Torx driver.  The 5 Torx head little bolts came right out. (After nearly totally f*cking one up yesterday).

Anyway... stuck with the SD Syn 3 in the crankcase... only  because I had a case leftover from the Softail.  Switched to Redline ShockProof Heavy in the gearbox and Redline Primary in the Primary.

Wow... what a difference in shift quality...  Neutral comes like butter.   

To anyone that struggles, even a little, grabbing neutral... switch to purpose fluids, makes a huge difference!

Mal
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)

If you are sitting at a light and smell oil burning... it's not oil burning and you don't have a leak...

The Redline smells and the fumes will vent from the top of the tranny. It's an acquired taste and you will get used to it. It helped with my noise level as well.   :2vrolijk_21:

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member

If you are sitting at a light and smell oil burning... it's not oil burning and you don't have a leak...

The Redline smells and the fumes will vent from the top of the tranny. It's an acquired taste and you will get used to it. It helped with my noise level as well.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the info I have run red line in last two bikes but never noticed a smell
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.