Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020  (Read 18913 times)

mark

New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020
« on: July 30, 2019, 04:17:08 PM »

Indian is having their dealer meeting this week and unveiled a teaser video that was "leaked" by a dealer.  Appears to be the fixed fairing, 120 hp, water-cooled bike that was rumored this summer when spy pics surfaced.  Probably being unveiled at Sturgis...called the Challenger.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/362483/new-indian-challenger-motorcycle-leak/
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:19:13 PM by Mark »

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: New Indian Fixed Fairing for 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:07:09 PM »

I'm guessing that's a problem for HD

BigLew

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:38:13 PM »

Per recent news articles it appears Polaris Industries continues to be a big problem for Harley.  Looking forward to seeing some goods pics of the new fairing design.

Polaris Industries (NYSE: PII) delivered a strong second-quarter earnings report driven by surprising strength in its global motorcycle business as it launched a new bike that allowed the powersports-vehicle manufacturer to beat expectations and raise the low end of its full-year guidance.

Polaris posted a 15% sales gain for its motorcycle segment during the period, despite North American Indian sales slipping by mid-single-digit percentages and the three-wheeled Slingshot pulling the segment down further.

CFO Michael Speetzen said not only did Indian gain market share in the quarter from the introduction of the FTR 1200 motorcycle, but it also helped boost international sales 41% from last year while pushing sales of parts, garments, and accessories 11% higher.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:14:35 PM »

Per recent news articles it appears Polaris Industries continues to be a big problem for Harley.  Looking forward to seeing some goods pics of the new fairing design.

Polaris Industries (NYSE: PII) delivered a strong second-quarter earnings report driven by surprising strength in its global motorcycle business as it launched a new bike that allowed the powersports-vehicle manufacturer to beat expectations and raise the low end of its full-year guidance.

Polaris posted a 15% sales gain for its motorcycle segment during the period, despite North American Indian sales slipping by mid-single-digit percentages and the three-wheeled Slingshot pulling the segment down further.

CFO Michael Speetzen said not only did Indian gain market share in the quarter from the introduction of the FTR 1200 motorcycle, but it also helped boost international sales 41% from last year while pushing sales of parts, garments, and accessories 11% higher.
It's been said many times before, easy to have nice percentage gains when you don't do the volume of your competition. Sell 1,000 bikes this year and 1,100 next year and you have a 10% gain. Try getting a 10% gain on 100,000 bikes in a year.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mark

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 11:17:30 PM »

It's been said many times before, easy to have nice percentage gains when you don't do the volume of your competition. Sell 1,000 bikes this year and 1,100 next year and you have a 10% gain. Try getting a 10% gain on 100,000 bikes in a year.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.
But volume doesn't guarantee success, just look at General Motors.  Had it not been for Uncle Sugar's bailout, they'd be bankrupt.  Remember Magnavox, Philco, Kenmore, Admiral, et al..all TV manufactures that dominated the US market at one point.   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 12:04:17 AM »

as I have posted before my dealer also owns the Indian dealer about 200 yards away. Last Saturday the Harley store was packed and the Indian store was empty. I asked the GM (both stores) how Indian was doing and he said they were in the top 25 but still sold 5 to 1 Harleys and they are not in the top 25 for them. He also told me they shorten the demo route on the Indians compared to the Harleys due to the heat they crank out. He said number 1 complaint on them and they found when they shortened the route they had a better "closing ratio". He did tell me they sell every FTR they can get their hands on and it really is a great bike. we have become friends over the last few years and he is the one that talked me into getting the BMW Bagger..
Alan

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 06:39:12 AM »

But volume doesn't guarantee success, just look at General Motors.  Had it not been for Uncle Sugar's bailout, they'd be bankrupt.  Remember Magnavox, Philco, Kenmore, Admiral, et al..all TV manufactures that dominated the US market at one point.   
Never said it did. Just stated it's easy to show nice percentage gains when volumes are smaller.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2019, 07:07:20 AM »

Good healthy competition is a plus for the consumer and, hopefully, will keep competitors hopping.  I hope this is a home run for Indian just like I hope Harley can sell all the Livewire bikes.  I don't think any of us want manufactures to fail, just improve.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 07:20:02 AM »

Last quarter Indian sales were up 18%
Bill

Glenncarp

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 06:03:51 PM »

Last quarter Indian sales were up 18%

Best friend owner Indian dresser for 2 years. Loved bike except it handled like a cinder block on 2 wheels, he is now back on a Street Glide because of handling issue.

I played with his GPS system. snazzy looking, but terrible. No way to import a route, Indian has the idea that you create them on the bike screen, bad idea. This was 2 years ago, so this maybe different now. Stereo was terrible sounding and not much after market stuff available. After seeing all that, decided to stay with HD even with all if their issues.

mark

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 06:52:09 PM »

Best friend owner Indian dresser for 2 years. Loved bike except it handled like a cinder block on 2 wheels, he is now back on a Street Glide because of handling issue.

I played with his GPS system. snazzy looking, but terrible. No way to import a route, Indian has the idea that you create them on the bike screen, bad idea. This was 2 years ago, so this maybe different now. Stereo was terrible sounding and not much after market stuff available. After seeing all that, decided to stay with HD even with all if their issues.
Your post is incorrect, IMO.  I challenge you to find a bike article criticizing Indian handling.  I don't think you will, because I've never read one.  I've owned one...it's the best handling tourer I've ridden (except the BMW K1600B) and I've owned three HD tourers.  Regarding the GPS - you can import routes, just like a Garmin or on your HD.  As a matter of fact, you can create the route on your home computer, wirelessly transfer it to your smartphone, take your phone to the bike, and wirelessly transfer the route to the bike.  Perhaps your friend didn't know how to use his. 

Glenncarp

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »

Your post is incorrect, IMO.  I challenge you to find a bike article criticizing Indian handling.  I don't think you will, because I've never read one.  I've owned one...it's the best handling tourer I've ridden (except the BMW K1600B) and I've owned three HD tourers.  Regarding the GPS - you can import routes, just like a Garmin or on your HD.  As a matter of fact, you can create the route on your home computer, wirelessly transfer it to your smartphone, take your phone to the bike, and wirelessly transfer the route to the bike.  Perhaps your friend didn't know how to use his.

You owned and rode one. I just played with his. I was just relaying what he said and riding next to him on his 2019 Street Glide. Lol. Why did you go back to HD?

mark

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »

You owned and rode one. I just played with his. I was just relaying what he said and riding next to him on his 2019 Street Glide. Lol. Why did you go back to HD?
I haven't gone back yet.  For HD to get me back they're going to have to do several things: produce an engine not plagued with problems, offer a good suspension (my 2010 CVO SG was awful on the rear), figure out how to not have recall after recall for their hydraulic systems, produce a Nav and sound system that works correctly and is bug free, start incorporating technology in their bikes, such as: traction control, varible ride modes, electronic adjustable suspension, radial disc brakes, inverted front forks, Apple Car Play, reverse gear, varible valve timing, water-cooled engine option with higher HP, etc.  I'm watching other manufacturers pass them by.  Im afraid the MoCo, rather than incorporating any new tech, is relying on "Performance Paint" and similar ideas. 

Macdaddy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »

I haven't gone back yet.  For HD to get me back they're going to have to do several things: produce an engine not plagued with problems, offer a good suspension (my 2010 CVO SG was awful on the rear), figure out how to not have recall after recall for their hydraulic systems, produce a Nav and sound system that works correctly and is bug free, start incorporating technology in their bikes, such as: traction control, varible ride modes, electronic adjustable suspension, radial disc brakes, inverted front forks, Apple Car Play, reverse gear, varible valve timing, water-cooled engine option with higher HP, etc.  I'm watching other manufacturers pass them by.  Im afraid the MoCo, rather than incorporating any new tech, is relying on "Performance Paint" and similar ideas.

Isn't that called a Gold Wing?

ultrarider123

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 07:53:46 AM »

Isn't that called a Gold Wing?

Now DAT'S phuny rat dare... :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :huepfenlol2: :nervous: :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.