Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Lady Riders, What Made You Get Your Own Bike, and When Did You Start Riding?  (Read 4010 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Holly, you joined this forum seven years ago this month and this is your first post. Such a chatter box.  :huepfenlol2:

I had been told some where along the way that yours and Jay's dealership was responsable for setting up the bikes for theCHP to test but as long as I've known you, I didn't know that your old bike was one of the first CHP test bikes.  Interesting story....thanks for posting it.

Hope to see you again, soon. :2vrolijk_21:

By the way, for the rest of the members of this forum, Holly (Hogable) is one of the two lady riders that I was referring to in my post above. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:14:47 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray

I'll post for Soozie it's very simple she's a control nut and I got tired of being hit on the back of my helmet. So I bought her a bike! .. lol ..

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower

I'll post for Soozie it's very simple she's a control nut and I got tired of being hit on the back of my helmet. So I bought her a bike! .. lol ..
I remember the days having Sue [PinkE] on the back, I'd set the cruise control and if I let go of the bars I'd have to lean left kinda hard immediately because she would lean right to see around my head watching where were going.
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12

I loved riding horses and was a nut for them!!! I rode a motorcycle on the back with a neighborhood boy, I remember hanging oh while he was doing a wheelie down the street. I loved it. We did the curvy back roads and I loved leaning into the curves with him. Didn't ride a motorcycle again for about 30+ years. This was a Honda 350 or something like that. Great thrill!

In 2011, My husband decided one day that he wanted to buy a Harley Sportster off Craigslist. I had no idea he even wanted one. He brought Lucy home, I jumped on the back. After a ride around the neighborhood, I got off, told him "that's it, she's mine, and I'm learning to ride". My husband had NO IDEA what he had done. He created a monster. I did end up with starting to ride on 10-12-11 Vulcan (270 miles) then took Lucy 10-31-11, she became mine to bling on 11-6-11, which was 1year, to the day, since my mom had passed away. 10,000 miles later, Douglas surprised me with Scarlett. I've never looked back. Now, I've gotten almost 18,000 miles on Scarlett and can't wait to ride more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

PinkE

• Senior CVO Member

We have some very interesting stories here, I'm so glad the ladies are chiming in, I hope to meet some of you at Maggie Valley in Sept.  I hope to get a lot of miles down before then....Keep on with the stories, you can also add to your stories, I love hearing them. :2vrolijk_21:
MY Broom is an `04 FLHTCUI Lehman Trike and I Love flyin on it!!!

Terriez

How I started to ride.  When I met JC years ago he showed me his 04 Blue and Black and all I could think to say was that’s an old man’s bike. LOL I now ride an old man’s bike the 2014 Street Glide Special.
While I was riding behind JC, I used to think it looked and felt like floating. So in 2005 on the way back from Street Vibration we stopped at Rockland HD and right in front of the store was a bike that I fell in love with, it was 2003 Sliver and Black Dyna Low rider. So I bought it that day and J.c rode it home for me. I Then I took the Motor Cycle Safety Class and the rest is history. I have had a few bumps and burses as you all know, but they have all been worth it, because there is nothing that gives me more pleasures than riding. I would like to Thank JC for all the time and effort that he put into me that makes me the rider that I am today. (I know I was not always easy to teach LOL).  Thank you Mark aka (Iron horse) for your Ride like A Pro course that I have taken a few times. I would also like to thank all of the friends that I have met and ridden with on this CVO site for their encouragements and the great and fun rides that we have been on together. I also want to give Jim - HD-Dude (Metal Dragon )  a big shout out and a Thank you for keeping my bike running top notch, with out a great mechanic I would have not been able to ride all my much loved miles .
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:22:30 PM by Terriez »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

Holly, you joined this forum seven years ago this month and this is your first post. Such a chatter box.  :huepfenlol2:

I had been told some where along the way that yours and Jay's dealership was responsable for setting up the bikes for theCHP to test but as long as I've known you, I didn't know that your old bike was one of the first CHP test bikes.  Interesting story....thanks for posting it.

Hope to see you again, soon. :2vrolijk_21:

By the way, for the rest of the members of this forum, Holly (Hogable) is one of the two lady riders that I was referring to in my post above.
I thought she looked familiar. Hi Holly
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 22 queries.