Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: New 2013 Honda Goldwing FB6  (Read 65197 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: New 2013 Honda Goldwing FB6
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2013, 12:42:56 AM »

Honestly.... You look like a wanna be Harley Guy   :nixweiss:  Don't see many honda guys  doing the black leather

look   ;)   In DETROIT you would get your azz kicked for being a poser  :confused5:  I really dont care what people

ride or wear , But some people do.  How many chicks have asked you for a ride and were disappointed to find out

when you start your BIKE it's a honda ?     And more Fun than too  Nymphomaniacs....  COME ON !

Dumbest comment I have read here. 

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2013, 12:53:58 AM »

Dumbest comment I have read here. 

After reading it sober  :drink:   You are RIGHT !    Sorry Boys   ;)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2013, 08:10:07 AM »

After reading it sober  :drink:   You are RIGHT !    Sorry Boys   ;)

I'm gald I'm not the only one here who regrets a post!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

Just remember, Gold Wing riders stop at Dairy Queens, Harley riders at strip bars.

I must have missed those rides.... :nixweiss:

Valkyrie Guy

« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2013, 02:11:23 AM »

Yo!!! Crusty
 I have owned several HDs and variations, my first bike was a 58 Pan head,the only springs on it was the  two in the seat. I ride for the pleasure and am too old to try to impress young ladies with what I ride or wear. With 45 years of riding,I have ridden through LA, Houston, Miami and New York,stayed in some great places and some "not so great", never looked for a problem and never had one, No matter what I rode was always greeted and treated well by other clubs.
The object of the post was to comment on the new Honda, after seeing it and sitting on it, it feels, way too small. It has the reliability built into it,but, like I said before it is more BMW or Victory. Harley s new paint themes look great, bringing back the metal flake.
I would like to have the power train just for back up.
Its really tempting here to ask if Homer Simpson's buddy Crusty is related, but that would be stooping to the level of some of the rude,poser kinda guys that may slip in here, for information or to give an opinion.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:49 AM »

I must have missed those rides.... :nixweiss:

The stripper bars or DQ?  ;D Used to have a Peanut buster Parfait everytime I rode with my Wing buds so guilty as charged. Guess I've gotten too old or sedate to even wanna visit another stripper bar. Maybe it was cuz the last visit I thought the gal was gonna come unglued when I flashed a light on her cooter. Guess they're sensitive that way.  :2vrolijk_21: ;D
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »

Yo!!! Crusty

Its really tempting here to ask if Homer Simpson's buddy Crusty is related, but that would be stooping to the level of some of the rude,poser kinda guys that may slip in here, for information or to give an opinion.

You need to re-read, Crusty was not the one bashing you!

Valkyrie Guy

« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2013, 02:50:18 AM »

Sorry Crusty, I didnt see Grey Ghosts signature or find his post.,hope you took no offense to being related to Homers friend.  :oops: And yes I am old enough to look at triking out the Valkyrie.Maybe get a pull behind camper and head for the Baja. ;D

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2013, 05:02:48 AM »

You need to re-read, Crusty was not the one bashing you!

Thanks MAT!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Sorry Crusty, I didnt see Grey Ghosts signature or find his post.,hope you took no offense to being related to Homers friend.  :oops: And yes I am old enough to look at triking out the Valkyrie.Maybe get a pull behind camper and head for the Baja. ;D

No worries Valk; it's all good! I love the Valk, was looking for one back in 02, when I came across a great deal on an '01 GL1800 that I couldn't pass up.

I jjust found a triked Softtail Heritage for a vertically challenged "50-something" female friend; flew to Dallas and rode it home to Colorado SPrings for her.  First time I'd ridden a trike and while it wouldn't be my first choice, it wasn't as bad as I figured and nice to know when I can't keep'er up on 2 wheels, adding a 3rd will keep me on the road for many more years!

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »

As we say in West "By God" Virginia, "pure junk."  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »

You don't care what people ride or wear? Actions speak louder than words; your post tells an entireley different tale.   :oops:

You call him a poser and then ask him how many chicks have asked him for a ride; believe it or not, some people buy bikes for the enjoyment of riding them, not because it impresses the chicks or makes them look cool.

X2 :2vrolijk_21:

I rode wings for years, wore black leathers and had many a conversation that fell flat when they found out I rode a Honda Goldwing -- I could care less and did not apologize for my decisions.   While I don't ride one now, it doesn't make me a better person to have my Harley.  Just a bit happier maybe... :)  I love this bike!

I just don't get the us vs them mentality.  (Even on behalf of some of the Goldwing - or BMW, Suzuki, Norton...owners groups ) Perhaps it just a way we justify ourselves and our decisions on what we spend.  We all ride on two wheels and so far, I've never had a problem with anyone. 

By the way, I know some Goldwing riders who were kick ass Cops in their day and no way were they going to get rousted for the fact they rode a Wing and wore leathers -- even in Detroit.  No one ever gave me a hard time either.  So, I'm really not sure where Crusty is coming from with that comment.  Peace.
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »

X2 :2vrolijk_21:

I rode wings for years, wore black leathers and had many a conversation that fell flat when they found out I rode a Honda Goldwing -- I could care less and did not apologize for my decisions.   While I don't ride one now, it doesn't make me a better person to have my Harley.  Just a bit happier maybe... :)  I love this bike!

I just don't get the us vs them mentality.  (Even on behalf of some of the Goldwing - or BMW, Suzuki, Norton...owners groups ) Perhaps it just a way we justify ourselves and our decisions on what we spend.  We all ride on two wheels and so far, I've never had a problem with anyone. 

By the way, I know some Goldwing riders who were kick ass Cops in their day and no way were they going to get rousted for the fact they rode a Wing and wore leathers -- even in Detroit.  No one ever gave me a hard time either.  So, I'm really not sure where Crusty is coming from with that comment.  Peace.

It was NOT crusty    It was ME!   Just a chit azz day  :-\   To many drinks  :drink: (Im not a drinker) Still NO excuse

We have a lot BIGGER problems in the world,Then what people Ride or wear   

Sorry Again  Grayghost731             

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2013, 12:53:43 AM »

Damn, I can't catch a break... lol   :nixweiss: :huepfenjump3:

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2013, 10:21:39 PM »

Overal: Not too bad.  I like the low seat (if it is as low as it looks).  From the literature I'd be more inclined toward the Kawasaki, but for a pure highway bike I am almost ashamed to admit that this could be a good ride.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

A few pics of the FB6.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.