CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

Garage Tie Down Of Your Bike In A Toy Hauler???

<< < (2/5) > >>

JCZ:

--- Quote from: CVODON on September 10, 2019, 06:46:43 PM ---I feel you do need a stop in any kind of towing. The Biker Bar is a scary unit when only bolted to the plywood floor of a camping trailer.

--- End quote ---

I would be leery in a camping trailer......hell, initially I was leery putting it in my toyhauler.  If your floor will support an 800 lb + motorcycle, it'll support the Biker Bar and the biker bar is much more stable than straps.  You could also bolt to the cross frame under the garage area.  But I've been to a number of RV rallies in the past couple of years (at one here in Red Bluff, California right now) and have seen this Biker Bar in many, many toyhaulers....large and small and in weekenders and full timers.  I've still not read or heard a negative comment. 

Dan_Lockwood:

--- Quote from: JCZ on September 10, 2019, 06:59:43 PM ---I would be leery in a camping trailer......hell, initially I was leery putting it in my toyhauler.  If your floor will support an 800 lb + motorcycle, it'll support the Biker Bar and the biker bar is much more stable than straps.  You could also bolt to the cross frame under the garage area.  But I've been to a number of RV rallies in the past couple of years (at one here in Red Bluff, California right now) and have seen this Biker Bar in many, many toyhaulers....large and small and in weekenders and full timers.  I've still not read or heard a negative comment.

--- End quote ---

I've seen the Biker Bar before and understand that in one case someone had a roll over on their trailer and the bike was still attached to the biker bar, never came loose.

That being said, it's a GREAT option to straps and optional wheel chocks for every load etc, but in our new to us toy hauler, our 12' garage will also be part of our living area.  With the party deck ramp option, we plan on spending some time outside in the evenings.  Having the hitch permanently mounted to the floor could be a big nuisance when walking around in the garage.  In your application I would not hesitate one second on leaving it permanently installed.

I see that it bolts in with just two bolts, is that correct?

If so, I'll roll under the garage tonight and take a look around.  I'm not sure if the garage frame work is open or sealed up with the under-belly membrane like the rest of the RV.  I could see me finding a beam and mounting a tapping plate out of 2"x1" bar stock to the underside of the main frame.  Then I could just drill two holes up through the floor and remove it once I'm parked for an extended time.

Any additional advice on the B&W would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the input on my question.

Rooster:
JC, I see your Avatar pic ahead and above your bike.  :2vrolijk_21:

acevtwin:
I have a similar set up as you Dan. We have our party patio ramp door down almost all the time and use the bike / golf cart carrying area as living space. You all may hate this but I don't chock my front tire. I put it on the kick stand (with a kick stand pad on a piece of carpet) and then I tie it down. I tie all 4 corners of the bike. I would like to say it can't go anywhere and it can't tip over. I Will say it hasn't moved or tipped over "yet". Seems very solid to me or I wouldn't chance it with my expensive CVO, Toy hauler and Golf cart. And nothing left on the floor to trip over when everything is out.

JCZ:

--- Quote from: Dan_Lockwood on September 11, 2019, 08:35:42 AM ---I've seen the Biker Bar before and understand that in one case someone had a roll over on their trailer and the bike was still attached to the biker bar, never came loose.

That being said, it's a GREAT option to straps and optional wheel chocks for every load etc, but in our new to us toy hauler, our 12' garage will also be part of our living area.  With the party deck ramp option, we plan on spending some time outside in the evenings.  Having the hitch permanently mounted to the floor could be a big nuisance when walking around in the garage.  In your application I would not hesitate one second on leaving it permanently installed.

I see that it bolts in with just two bolts, is that correct?

If so, I'll roll under the garage tonight and take a look around.  I'm not sure if the garage frame work is open or sealed up with the under-belly membrane like the rest of the RV.  I could see me finding a beam and mounting a tapping plate out of 2"x1" bar stock to the underside of the main frame.  Then I could just drill two holes up through the floor and remove it once I'm parked for an extended time.

Any additional advice on the B&W would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the input on my question.

--- End quote ---

The Biker Bar has two large plates under the floor that the BB bolts to.  These plates are threaded so that when you drop the bolts down through the biker bar plate and through the floor, the threaded plates are on the underside.  They are secured to the bottom of your trailer.  Remove the two large bolts that you see in this photo and you have a clear, level floor with no obstruction.  Just keep the ratchet and socket handy to reinstall the biker bar when you're ready to roll to the next location.

https://ktperformance.net/i-20984236-bw-trailer-hitches-biker-bar-motorcycle-latch-anchor-plate-pair.html?CATARGETID=120173980000089204&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwtuLrBRAlEiwAPVcZBib_zD_xaufgaT9v7mhPF7mja3ubjzrwldVVyJ_iwv76l0yiFGdCIBoC35EQAvD_BwE

Many toyhauler owners use the biker bar and then set the garage up as a room or party patio once they are set up in the RV park or campground.

You might want to go on to one of the toyhauler fb groups and ask "who is using the B&W Biker Bar?  What is your experience?".   I've not saw a negative comment about this product yet!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version