Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle  (Read 12835 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 09:04:23 AM »

As I spend more time on the new "Ride", I am reminded that the stock seat will not work for me. I am hoping that someone has found a reasonable solution to this problem. I am in a position to throw in the towell and order a Sundowner. Greg has the Sundowner set up and it looked really nice when I checked it out last week in Dallas. Maybe the Sundowner is the answer I am looking for. I have read posts that the Sundowner sets you higher on the bike and more forward. That is not good news. I have a tendency to "butt crawl backwards" in the stock seat and do not wish to ride further forward. When I sat on Greg's Sundowner in Richardson I did not notice that diff.; however, I did not ride it.

Maybe I should have...

Greg, could you chime in here. Do you sit higher.... and is there a noticeable difference as to how far forward you sit?

I would also appreciate the manufac # on all the parts...  Saddle, passanger sissy bar, and passanger backrest pad...

The wife has asked that I provide a higher backrest for her to be comfortable. The stock model backrest is rather low profile as you probably know.

Thanks in advance to all!

Hey Rob,

I'll be glad to. It moved me forward a little maybe an inch.Which they will because of the design and the size Seemed like it might have moved me up, wouldn't bet on that one. Overall I really like this seat. When you consider I bought it from  Jenni... Less 20% figured I 'd ride it for a while when Corbin comes out with one I'll buy it and put the one I have now on Ebay. Should be able to use the seat and almost break even on it...
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 10:15:03 PM »

Tried out a Mustang One-Piece Touring Seat on an 08 Street Glide today. Needless to say it was very nice!
The seat is pictured on page 83 of the 08 Mustang Catalogue. Funny how one of the HD back rests seems to match the stitching and color on the Mustang perfectly!

Does anyone know if the Mustang Touring seat for HD will fit the 09 SERG?
The impossible just takes a little longer

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 07:26:32 AM »

I ordered a classic solo from Corbin 2 weeks ago. Gray Snake skin W/ back rest. should be here in 2 weeks. Janice has been very helpful, sending me samples to choose from. This will be my 3rd Corbin. $740.00. I'll post pics when it's on. My wife's Corbin on her Softail,the bike, broke in on the way to Sturgis last year. She loves it. Bottom line, H-D stock seats...........su...........inhale
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 11:44:16 AM »

I ordered a classic solo from Corbin 2 weeks ago. Gray Snake skin W/ back rest. should be here in 2 weeks. Janice has been very helpful, sending me samples to choose from. This will be my 3rd Corbin. $740.00. I'll post pics when it's on. My wife's Corbin on her Softail,the bike, broke in on the way to Sturgis last year. She loves it. Bottom line, H-D stock seats...........su...........inhale

Corbin does nothing but irritate the crap outta me lately, their customer service is horrible the last few years. On 10/6 after they posted the 09' Road Glide seats on their website I ordered a seat, they informed me that they did not have any seats avaliable for the 09' CVO Road Glide's and there was nothing in the works for the design (for the 09' SERG) and 1 week later they took your $$$. I swear, Corbin is a pain in the butt to work with. The last seat that I bought from them was poorly designed and they never fixed the design issue and kept selling a seat that didn't fit the bike (08' CVO Springer).

Even after dealing with their poor customer service and lack of quality (as far as the poor design issue), I stuck with them and still intend to order a Classic Solo with passenger pillion for my 09' SERG from Corbin because their seats (IMO) are the best looking mass produced custom seats available with a good level of comfort. It is unfortunate that it is such a big problem to order a seat from them...and yes, I have spoken to Janice, Patty, Sandy, Sergio and Jose at Corbin who are saying that there are not any seats available for the 09' CVO Road Glide...

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »

Larry,
Did they understand that your bike was an 09 CVO Road Glide and not the standard 09 Road Glide? All those folks at Corbin have told me the current seats they offer do not accommodate the wider rear fender on the 09 SERG. I sure hope they have the issues worked out for you. Maybe they've got one to fit after working on a few "drive ins". Hope so...

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 05:08:07 AM »

I sure hope so. now I won't sleep.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 12:14:53 PM »

Larry,
All those folks at Corbin have told me the current seats they offer do not accommodate the wider rear fender on the 09 SERG.

I'm pretty sure all the '09 touring bikes have the 180 rear tire and wider fender?  I've looked at the non SERG RG and others and they all did....

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 05:41:33 AM »

Talked with Corbin yesterday afternoon, and they assured me that they are making the seat for the SERG and the SEEG. I was told that right now they are turning them around in 2-3 weeks. I had them check my order and  confirmed  CVO FLTRSE3, should be here in a week.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 06:20:17 AM »

Hey Larry,

I've been looking at that very seat (different leather though). How does it fasten to the bike on the rear? I'd appreciate photos once you get it.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 07:10:16 AM »

will do, I think it fastens to the bolts used for the rider backrest.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 07:08:55 PM »

Called Corbin today hoping for a Dual Tour. They still suggest that they do not have one available for the 09 SERG.

I am concerned about the fit to the rear fender as the wheel / tire is 18". I would think for a longer seat, such as the Dual Tour, that the radius bend in the rear fender might be important, not sure.

Near as I can tell all the 09 tour bikes have a 16" rear wheel / tire, except the 09 CVO Road Glide.

The sales rep clearly stated that they have a Dual Tour for the FLH CVO but could not locate a Dual Tour part number for the FLTRSE3.

My guess is the solo will fit, but I need a Dual Tour.

Got tired of the confusion and run around, called Mustang Seat today and they sent me out a tour seat (same day), for the 08 Road Glide, said to try it; and if it didn't fit they would refund my money.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »

Called Corbin today hoping for a Dual Tour. They still suggest that they do not have one available for the 09 SERG.

I am concerned about the fit to the rear fender as the wheel / tire is 18". I would think for a longer seat, such as the Dual Tour, that the radius bend in the rear fender might be important, not sure.

Near as I can tell all the 09 tour bikes have a 16" rear wheel / tire, except the 09 CVO Road Glide.

The sales rep clearly stated that they have a Dual Tour for the FLH CVO but could not locate a Dual Tour part number for the FLTRSE3.

My guess is the solo will fit, but I need a Dual Tour.

Got tired of the confusion and run around, called Mustang Seat today and they sent me out a tour seat (same day), for the 08 Road Glide, said to try it; and if it didn't fit they would refund my money.

I just emailed Mustang this week, and they informed me they didn't have ANYTHING for the 09 CVO RG's. Good luck, hope it fits.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »

Yes Breath,

They told me that as well, but suggested I try it. Took em up on the offer. I can only ride the stock seat for 2 hours max, got to try something else. I believe the fit will depend on how much flex there is in the pan. I am not sure about the line up to the sides of the fender and the side covers. We shall see.

Greg is running an "09" HD Street Glide Sundowner on his new SERG. I saw it and it looked great, seemed to fit well. So, who knows?

Guess we will be the ones to plow the ground for now...

In a couple of weeks we should know which of the three fit and which don't. For now the HD seats lead the pack.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 06:37:32 PM by Iglide »

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 01:21:07 AM »

Yes Breath,

They told me that as well, but suggested I try it. Took em up on the offer. I can only ride the stock seat for 2 hours max, got to try something else. I believe the fit will depend on how much flex there is in the pan. I am not sure about the line up to the sides of the fender and the side covers. We shall see.

Greg is running an 08 HD Street Glide Sundowner on his new SERG. I saw it and it looked great, seemed to fit well. So, who knows?

Guess we will be the ones to plow the ground for now...

In a couple of weeks we should know which of the three fit and which don't. For now the HD seats lead the pack.

That's an "09 S.G, Sundowner seat Rob>>>Din't want anyone to buy an "08 and find out it would't fit>>>Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 06:35:48 PM »

Point made Greg, sorry I didn't know that. Sure makes sense, as the 09 Tour Bikes have a redesigned frame. Thanks for the "heads up". I modified that mistake, in the prior post.

I will contact Rae at Mustang Seats, seems she mentioned new numbers for the 09 Road Glide Mustang Tour seat currently available; and, I hope that is what she is sending me, for a fit test.

At this point, not sure....

I will find out and repost....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.