Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Earnings Preview  (Read 993 times)

J.D.

Harley Earnings Preview
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:31:11 PM »

Harley-Davidson (HOG -1.7%) is scheduled to reports earning tomorrow before the opening bell.
The company expects to disclose motorcycle product revenue of $1.08B and EPS of $0.53.
Gross margin is seen coming in at 29.2% of sales for the quarter.
Harley's full-year shipment guidance will be crucial in determining which direction shares go tomorrow. The company guided for FY18 shipments of 231K to 236K motorcycles. The ability of management to offset the higher steel and aluminum costs due to tariffs will also be closely watched.
Shares of HOG are down 23.5% YTD.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Harley Earnings Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:14:12 PM »

Have not looked at HOG stock in a while.  Am glad I unloaded it a long time back, looks like it is projected to continue under-performing the market for the foreseeable future.  Will be interesting to see what the actual EPS is.  Stock is down about $.80 today.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

J.D.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 04:40:43 PM »

52-wk range: 38.27-56.50

(today's price marks the "low" value)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »

No longer have any Harley stock and my 2017 CVO Limited will be my last Harley. Took me way to long to understand I'm buying a low quality product. Time  to give another brand a chance.
Bill

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »

Just in . . . and it includes a voluntary recall for some 2017 and 2018 models for clutch problems.

Harley-Davidson Inc. said it will recall 238,300 recent-model motorcycles worldwide
due to a clutch issue, an effort that will weigh on the company’s earnings this quarter.
Milwaukee-based Harley said it informed dealers of a voluntary safety recall 2017 and 2018
Touring, Trike and CVO Touring models and certain 2017 Softail models due to issues with their
hydraulic-clutch assemblies. The company expects the recall to cost $35 million and will take a
charge in that amount in the fourth quarter.
Harley also reported third-quarter results on Tuesday that beat revenue and profit
expectations, sending shares higher in pre-market trading. But the number of motorcycles the
manufacturer sold in the period fell again, highlighting the challenges it faces amid shifting
customer preferences.
Harley reported that world-wide it sold 59,226 bikes in the quarter, down almost 8% compared
with the year earlier. In the U.S., Harley’s largest market, sales were down 13% to 36,226
motorcycles. In all overseas markets, the company said sales rose 3% to 23,006 bikes.
As Harley’s core customer base ages and slows purchases, it is scrambling to attract younger
motorcycle riders who prefer bikes that are smaller and less expensive.
Sales at the Milwaukee-based company have declined the last three years. Harley faces other
challenges too, including higher costs on imported steel and aluminium due to tariffs
implemented by the Trump administration.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:29:40 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

J.D.

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 09:32:14 AM »

Looks like they beat the EPS target and stock price should move favorably today.

Edit: scratch that.  Small increase after hours but getting hammered again today at market open.  Sales decline must be offsetting positive EPS data.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:47:55 AM by 2002FXDWG3 »

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.