Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: My "YELLOWBIRD" 117" Pro Race Kit (Pictures)  (Read 10990 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: My "YELLOWBIRD" 117" Pro Race Kit (Pictures)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 08:57:52 AM »

So it has a 2.5 core muffler correct ?  if so  I would suggest a smaller core myself.  Again the B pipe is rather small if I recall correctly something is not playing well there .  I thought you had the D pipe not B , but even still ... and yes I think that the tune is leaving a fair amount tq wise on the table . 

Just did this one DX 2.0 our cam nothing else so 110 at 9.3 comp ratio ish  look at the curve hits hard down low and takes off.. yours should do the same thing .

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:01:02 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 09:11:38 AM »

It's a vast improvement from before. However, I was expecting to see at least 20TQ more down low.

I do have have a set of 2.25" cores and looks like a visit to a different dyno is in th future.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 09:26:32 AM »

Congrats on the new build! It does look like you'll need to address a pipe issue, but hey, at least that's external AND its not critical. Looks like you have a fun ride and many smiles ahead!
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 10:05:49 AM »

Congrats on the 117 Build :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

I agree, 'think going to smaller cores and some tweeking of the Tune will bring the left (of the curve) up towards where it should be... Should be making 100 ft/lbs much sooner...

Keep us Posted  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:11:45 AM by FlaHeatWave »
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

KC2GIW

• RUB
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 White Amethyst CVO Street Glide
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 10:08:11 AM »

I think we're in similar situations with the kit. 

I still haven't ridden it and compared to my STg1 flashed 103 with V&H HO's, I'm sure i'll be very pleased - but I think we both are suffering from exhaust issues. 

I just really really like the tone of the bigger cores.  I have my stock pipes still - may install some smaller cores and have them put it back on the dyno to see what happens, too.

Either way, congrats on the build and thanks for the pics!

Matt - Syracuse, NY

2016 White Amethyst FLHXSE.
117 SE drop-in kit.
Jackpot 2:1:2, V&H 450 Titans.

2018 Arctic White Corvette Grand Sport

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »

It's a vast improvement from before. However, I was expecting to see at least 20TQ more down low.

I do have have a set of 2.25" cores and looks like a visit to a different dyno is in th future.

YB

Yellowbird, our numbers are very close to mine, but my Bassani pipes did produce more torque down low. I think you can get over 110 tq between 2000 and 2500 rpm with different pipes. Looking good! Congratulations on the upgrade.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:40:17 PM by RoadDawg »
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 12:10:41 PM »

congrats on the build your going to love it
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 02:17:03 PM »

Thanks for the kind words from all!

Again big thanks again to Fullsacs & GMR. (Steve & Steve)

Hopefully I am about 85% to where I need to be on this built. Looks like it's time to get rid of the "B" pipe and get back to the future with the "D" X-pipe and the 2.0" CVO baffles!!!

And a new visit to another Dyno.

:'(

Quote: "I swear honey, once I buy this CVO, I WON'T have to do anything else to this bike!!!"

Time for a drink!   :drink:

YB

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 05:05:47 PM »

" "D" X-pipe and the 2.0" CVO baffles!!!"

That should help get rid of the large dip, along with a tuner who will sample up by the head and spend enough time on the tune. You've done everything else by the book  :2vrolijk_21: pipe and tune will finish it off.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »

After about 7 weeks of being without my bike, my Road Glide finally made its way back home this past Saturday before Easter.

Back tracking, no one at the time had results or any bad experience with the new kit. This was for sure a "Beta" test for the MoCo and I decide to go for it!

Road Dawgs Breakout came out first and that was great news and great results. Then the "out of round" jugs issue started to show up. Well, I was to far into it to stop.

I decide to address the crank issue and had it shipped Dark Horse. (I know that S&S would have been a much easier route, but I was on a tight budget) Dark Horse did everything to my crank, so for now I feel a bit more comfy regarding it being able to handle the new upgrade. Btw, this took most of the time for the build, about 3-4 weeks time including travel there and back.

During this time we started to hear about the cylinder problems. I too was a victim of getting a set of jugs that were "out of round". Thank goodness I mention this to my wrench as they just installed two 117" kits on show room bikes and mine was the first for a customer. They had the MoCo over night a new set of jugs. And guess what?.....same results but better then the first set of jugs.

Long story short, I was able to get the jugs sent out to a local guy who has honed out many of HD jugs and jap bikes. Fixed with zero problems! And my dealer sent the bill to MoCo to take care of the bill!

I declined to install the stock cams and went with GMR 577 cams & Lifters, AV&V 600" spring. Also everything is new on the inside from clutch, SE Comp, chain tensioner, stator, so it's like a new motor from the bottom up.

I decide to add a SE Timken bearing to secure a better bottom end. Now the only thing I didn't do was get the heads done. I have seen some good results so far with just the kit. Also, my goal was to have a dependable touring rig with more torque and not to crazy.

YB

Did the HD dealer measure with their "super-duper-special-secret-exclusive" torque plates installed?

Impressed that they flipped the bill for their admittedly out of round jugs. I'd say they deserve a shout out by name- sound like a good dealer.

Glad you're happy with the ride. I'd say as long as you are happy and it's running cool and efficiently, no rush to switch out the pipes and re-tune right away.

2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »

Did the HD dealer measure with their "super-duper-special-secret-exclusive" torque plates installed?

Impressed that they flipped the bill for their admittedly out of round jugs. I'd say they deserve a shout out by name- sound like a good dealer.

Glad you're happy with the ride. I'd say as long as you are happy and it's running cool and efficiently, no rush to switch out the pipes and re-tune right away.

Funny thing is. Like most dealers that would install the kit. They did just that!
However, when we (service manger) first started talking about this new 117" bolt on kit they had already did a CVO limited. When I dropped off mine, they started to work on a Faboy S model. With respect, they had to keep both stock bikes with the original stock headers and pipes.

It was about that time, this great forum started to buzz about the "out of Round" jugs that the MoCo was producing. They could figure why the Fatboy S was only getting 80 HP. They put it on the Dyno, and the dip stick flew out of the oil pan. They opened it up and the piston was F%#KED up!!!

Since my bike was the first true customers bike that they did, along with what I told them about the jugs and the Fatboy S that went south, they measured all the HD jugs there after.

As far as super duper, top secret, out of stock toque plate. The shop Forman used the one he had.

I am happy with the bike, it truly is a different bike then the 110" before.

HOWEVER, IF I can be HAPPIER. I don't want to leave anything on the table.

I'm almost there!

YB

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 05:43:29 PM »

" "D" X-pipe and the 2.0" CVO baffles!!!"

That should help get rid of the large dip, along with a tuner who will sample up by the head and spend enough time on the tune. You've done everything else by the book  :2vrolijk_21: pipe and tune will finish it off.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rrunr!

As you typed this, I was on the phone to Fullsac ordering the "D" Pipe & 2.0" CVO Baffles!

Like I said before, I'm about 85% done with this build. Well now about 90% done, now to get a better tune!!!! Lol.

Time for another drink or two.......... :drink: :drink:

YB

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:56 PM »

Sounds like it'll be pretty much bullet proof once you finish it off and should be a great ride. Chad from Wide Open Cycles is also on this forum and he's in Northern VA. Not sure how close that is to you but it may be worth looking into. He seems to have some repore(sic) with a few of the builders on here.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 06:26:59 PM »

Sounds like it'll be pretty much bullet proof once you finish it off and should be a great ride. Chad from Wide Open Cycles is also on this forum and he's in Northern VA. Not sure how close that is to you but it may be worth looking into. He seems to have some repore(sic) with a few of the builders on here.

Actually OBB, that's who I'm going to go see. Seen some really good reports on Chad @ W.O.C.

He's about a 3-3.5 hours north of me.

Next Thursday or Friday I should have my new X pipe & Baffles and hopefully off to a new tune.

Good looking out & for the heads up and the kind words.

YB

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »

Wide Open Cycles is located in Fredericksburg Va. Don't know much about them. Hopefully they can you on the straight and narrow.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 4.73 seconds with 21 queries.