Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broke Bike  (Read 1315 times)

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
Broke Bike
« on: June 11, 2006, 04:36:26 PM »

Well, I was doing 25mph in 2nd gear in a school zone Friday afternoon and hear a loud crack and my engine shuts down.  I had the clutch pulled in instantly and coasted to a stop along the side of the road. Since I had just picked my bike up at the dealer (oil change) and was on the way home thinking about the great weather for the weekend and where i'd be heading to, I was a bit pissed off... :(

I called the dealer and told them what happened.  The service manager came over right away and picked up me and my bike.  Since it was late they dropped me off at home and took my bike back to the shop with plans to find the problem the next day.  

Well, the primary cover came off first and we could see one of the values had 2 inches of play in it.  So it looked like a top end issue (better than the alternative). Since it was a busy Saturday, they didn't get to taking the tank and head covers off and will do so Monday am.  We suspect a broken forged rocker arm support or possibley a broken valve stem, hopefully nothing worse :-/

It's not supposed to break with only 1600 miles on it [smiley=brood.gif]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 04:37:11 PM by fatboyse2 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Broke Bike
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »

It's not supposed to break with only 1600 miles on it [smiley=brood.gif]

Just be glad it broke when it did and not at highway speed when you wouldn't hve heard it over other noise and wouldn't have had time to do anything about it anyway.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:12:53 PM »

GOOD LUCK  [smiley=oops.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »

One of the reasons I had Roller-Rockers installed. And no, they aren't that noisey.
NH
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 07:53:46 PM »

The result is a broken SE Forged rocker support arm.  I have the SE roller rockers and SE forged rocker supports I installed 600 miles ago and the front no3 forged rocker support broke.  Moco covered it as a warranty item (as they should have as it was only installed 5 months ago).  My dealer indicated that this is the 2nd one he's had broken and it was from the same stock order mine came from.  I called the moco and asked them if there was a known issue with the SE forged rocker supports or a batch of them...they said no of course.  The replacement was manufactured in Jan06, the broken item and the other one the dealer mentioned were made in Feb05.  Hopefully this is just a one off... ::)

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.