Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A trip to Zippers  (Read 1314 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
A trip to Zippers
« on: June 15, 2006, 07:11:49 AM »

Stopped by yesterday to pick up a few things man I thought I was in CVO heaven. There were 5 maybe 6 CVO's sitting there. Looked up on one of the lifts and the motor was out of Punkin. Went back to the engine room to talk to Mark. The top end  of the motor was off and he was getting ready to break the lower end apart for the timken conversion.

Great news, I talked to Dan about a few things. He informed me that all of the maps for those of you still looking to purchase the 575 package are now done.  People like myself and Pappy will benefit from the new maps. The maps were generated by the new O2 sensors connected to the Thundermax. Also the complete 103 and 113 packages are just about done. They held up on the testing with Punkin for fear of a bearing failure on the lower end.

I did see the maps with all of the different exhaust systems. They looked great. But more importantly Punkin is almost done with all of the tests. They still have to do the complete 103 package maps but they should be finished in a week or so.

I watched Bobby (the dyno king) working his magic on an 06 Autum Haze Fat Boy. I can tell you it takes longer to bolt on a set of exhaust then it does to create a new map for that exhaust. Well maybe not that fast but pretty fast. With the O2 sensors in place the computer creates a map faster than you can think about making the changes. I know Bobby is happy with the new system. It makes his job so much easier now.

All in all it was a very informative day ( as usual) can't wait till I get to ride Punkin home.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.