Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Dyna®

Windshield and handlebar questions for FXDSE

(1/2) > >>

Smurfsdad:
 I was just curious as to whether any of you have added a windshield to your FXDSE other than the one quick disconnect compact offered by the motor company. How about the handlebars, anyone done anything different. The wide, forward type bars have me leaning forward and my arms straight out. I'd like to have more of a cruiser type setup.
           Smurfsdad

Andrea O:
I just purchased the HD windshield (the small one) for my fxdse.  It is really nice and does not take away from the look of the bike.  It also helped alot with the wind.

Smiler:

--- Quote from: Andrea O on June 03, 2007, 05:18:51 PM ---I just purchased the HD windshield (the small one) for my fxdse.  It is really nice and does not take away from the look of the bike.  It also helped alot with the wind.

--- End quote ---
:worthless:

Smurfsdad:

--- Quote from: Andrea O on June 03, 2007, 05:18:51 PM ---I just purchased the HD windshield (the small one) for my fxdse.  It is really nice and does not take away from the look of the bike.  It also helped alot with the wind.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Andrea
      Smurfsdad

Screaming Tuna:
I installed the HD Quick Release Detachable Super Sport Windshield (# 57331-07) on my 2007 FXDSE and it looks like it was custom made for this bike - best LOOKING windshield I've ever seen on a Harley. However, due to the short height and cuve of the windshield, it does little to stop the wind from hitting your forehead. I then sent it down to Clearview Windshields in Colorado and they made me a new custom designed winshield (light smoke tint) that fits the original HD clamp on brackets. It doesn't look as cool as the HD shield but it keeps the wind off my face very well (it is also very well made using thick plexiglass that doesn't shake in the wind. Now I have one set of brackets and two shields - one for riding and one for show!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version