Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Dyna®

110 get hot?

(1/3) > >>

arson:
Hi guys and gals just woundering about heat with the 110's,have read about some heat problems is their any truth to it and do you think this will bring about a lack of motor reliability.Give me your over all feeling of the 110,power,rideability etc.{If they run hot how much are we talking about}

arson:
sorry new to posting on this site,should have posted in the motor section. [smiley=oops.gif]

GC_Super:
arson,  not to kid you, but that might be an appropriate name for the 110.  ;D

Seriously, if you read the threads from the SEUC category, there have been at least two 110's with the motor replaced and a couple others with top end problems I think that were probably heat related.

arson:
GC_super that is not good news if you are looking at buying a $30,000.00 dollar bike.You would think the moco would test the bikes for these problems as well as other things that may become a problem with the larger motor.Here in Cloverdale Canada the heat may not be a factor all the time but there is days it could be.I thought that with this size motor they would go with an oil cooler{one that looks good  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]}I see Victory has an oil cooler on 100 ci motor could cut down on heat problems.

e4seter:

--- Quote ---GC_super that is not good news if you are looking at buying a $30,000.00 dollar bike.You would think the moco would test the bikes for these problems as well as other things that may become a problem with the larger motor.Here in Cloverdale Canada the heat may not be a factor all the time but there is days it could be.I thought that with this size motor they would go with an oil cooler{one that looks good  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]}I see Victory has an oil cooler on 100 ci motor could cut down on heat problems.
--- End quote ---

The SEUC come with oil coolers and it did not help them :-(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version