Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking to buy. Any pointers or pitfalls  (Read 1427 times)

Trans am

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: Burgundy blaze and typhoon maroon. Limited Scoot is its name.
Looking to buy. Any pointers or pitfalls
« on: April 20, 2014, 07:43:38 AM »

Hello all,    New guy.  I have 13 anniversary edition heritage classic but want something two of us can ride all day.    Looking for your feedback on deals (travel for purchase is not an issue) what to ask for and not,   Things you would have,should have, could have.     Buy a 2014 or wait till 2015.   Lasted in the model yr will dealer want to move own these bikes ?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:45:27 AM by Trans am »

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
Re: Looking to buy. Any pointers or pitfalls
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:39:59 PM »

IMO, there are pros and cons to anything.  After the initial sticker shock wore off, I really enjoy my bike.  It is a great highway cruiser and the wife and I can ride distance without any concerns. 

Again, IMO the pros clearly outweigh the cons but both pros and cons are subjective.  I live in a rural area and even to get into town I am at highway speeds.  I did not like the 255 cams for my riding needs and changed them out for some S&S 570 cams at about the 1500 mile mark.  The Infotainment Center is fantastic but I'm not very computer wise so it took me a while to learn how to use it to its potential.

The water cooling has had a couple small issues but it looks like they have those issues all figured out now.  Handlebars are another subjective thing and the stocker (although much better than my stock Road Glide Ultra's bars) stretched my arms a little straighter than I like.  So, I changed mine out for Wild 1's 578s and am very happy with that change. 

Overall, very pleased with the bike and would do it again if the same opportunity presented itself.
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.