Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 06 SEVrod PCIII Dyno Tune  (Read 20654 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: 06 SEVrod PCIII Dyno Tune
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 11:44:10 AM »

Nice to see you got her dialed in, Jock.  Our numbers are about the same...the main thing is that I'll bet the bike is much better with regards to driveability now....no stumbling, etc.  Those ECM flashes just get you in the ball park.  Bike is looking good too :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »

Agreed.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
VRSCX 07
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »

VRSCX 07: 116.21HP & Torque=80.96 from 92.93HP & Torque=70.47
- D&D 2-1 Exhaust
- K&N Air Filter

« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:52:32 AM by Fired00d »

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
Re: VRSCX 07
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »

- D&D 2-1 Exhaust
- K&N Air Filter

Jorge,
Congrats on the great numbers!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 08:26:30 AM »

- D&D 2-1 Exhaust
- K&N Air Filter

Nice improvement!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 09:35:25 AM »

Jorge,
Congrats on the great numbers!

Thanks Craig.....I see you in one month and half.....soon :2vrolijk_21:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »

Nice improvement!

Yes Jock....it's fast....sometimes I get afraid :nixweiss:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »

Yes Jock....it's fast....sometimes I get afraid :nixweiss:

Don't know about you but if I do not change my riding position after 90mph, I am all over the place...

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »

Don't know about you but if I do not change my riding position after 90mph, I am all over the place...

Me too............ ;D

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 09:25:26 PM »

Me too............ ;D

Good to know it not just me...

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
Zippers 1320cc Vrod Kit
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »

Here's a post from a friend of mine, Alex, when I asked him for his dyno chart after he told me he sent his engine out to Zippers to be bored. I thought I'd share it here.  Notice that it's not much better than mine or TCnBham's.
 (Oh yeah, I'll have to cut and paste the rest where he had problems and they had to "re-engineer" the design):

Apr 1, 2008 10:25 PM
Wow, you called me out… Most of the time I don’t like comparing penis sizes because I get more out of the riding than talking about how awesome “The Ride” is… but you called me out! Oh Balls, you called me out. Not that I even come close to the wet weight of you and your bike since you have at least a hundred pound advantage on me in power/weight ratio as we share a similar motorcycle but you weigh half what I do with all my “Oh Crap” gear but called me out! So OK fine, here it is, the stinkin’ dyno if you must compare, and I thought you were beyond that... I still cant believe you called me out…
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Deathatyour6

Re: Zippers 1320cc Vrod Kit
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

Here's a post from a friend of mine, Alex, when I asked him for his dyno chart after he told me he sent his engine out to Zippers to be bored. I thought I'd share it here.  Notice that it's not much better than mine or TCnBham's.
 (Oh yeah, I'll have to cut and paste the rest where he had problems and they had to "re-engineer" the design):

Apr 1, 2008 10:25 PM
Wow, you called me out… Most of the time I don’t like comparing penis sizes because I get more out of the riding than talking about how awesome “The Ride” is… but you called me out! Oh Balls, you called me out. Not that I even come close to the wet weight of you and your bike since you have at least a hundred pound advantage on me in power/weight ratio as we share a similar motorcycle but you weigh half what I do with all my “Oh Crap” gear but called me out! So OK fine, here it is, the stinkin’ dyno if you must compare, and I thought you were beyond that... I still cant believe you called me out…

Oh, Hey V there you go. Finally found this thing. Yes, I had some issues with the engine modification. Here is the skinny:

-Bought 06 VRSCR with included Zippers 1320 “Street Rod” kit
-At the end of break-in the shop mechanic noted some oil in the airbox
-At 2500, 3000, and 3500 miles I noted oil seeping from the airbox and progressively getting worse, 2,4, 6 oz of oil. Had it serviced/inspected, dealer said it was blowby from the engine kit.
-Went on a trek from GA to the Grand Canyon, 3000 miles later and a bunch of airbox purges later I took it back to the dealer and told them to fix it with more than a rag-wrench.
-They pulled the engine and sent it back to Zippers.
-Investigation reported: the 2-ringed piston was wobbling because of the short sleeve design. Only 1 compression ring and 1 oil wiper ring and wear on cylinder wall from wobble contributed to crank case pressurization of exhaust gas and subsequent oil blow-out into the airbox.
-Zippers recalled that engine kit and had a longer piston sleeve designed with 2 compression rings and 1 oil wiper ring.
-I have not put enough miles on the bike to evaluate the effectiveness of the re-design.

I guess I could have left well enough alone but I had to go and try to fix something that wasn’t broken. I am glad that Zippers took action to correct the malfunction and will give them accolades for that. I’ll keep y’all posted as to the engine and any issues that arise. So if you are experiencing similar symptoms: Oil in airbox: I recommend you have a bleed-down check done of your cylinders to see if that could be your issue. Bad valve adjustment would contribute to a failed bleed-down as well, but you would not experience the airbox oil symptom.

Thanks for throwing my dirty laundry on the lawn V – Love ya ;)

~Alex
http://www.myspace.com/deathatyour6

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »

:oops:  I wasn't airing your dirty laundry.  I just thought you might have had some insight into the problem if you'd read up on the Zippers thread first!  Sounds like they fixed the problem and you're on the right track!!

:carrot:  Ok, truth be known?   :carrot:

Since I don't have a pee-pee...I was actually inadvertently bragging about my own bike!  Ha ha!  Your's is now 1320cc and mine is still 1250cc and it still has about as much HP/TQ.  Now you get it?  Oh and guess what?  I didn't spend a ton of money on it.  Just the cost of the PC (in the purchase price) and the cost of the custom map.  I've been very pleased.  The first thing I noticed after the tune was the immediate throttle response.  Still love the bike just like it is.  Is John going to be at MB?  I might need to go have it freshened up since it's got over 5k on it now.  It was tuned at 550.  And I don't spend every weekend detailing it or admiring the chrome.  I do make sure it gets shined every once in a while though.  Otherwise, how would I discreetly check my lipstick?  The mirror is way toooo obvious! 

You and Leigh want to meet up in the middle?  With or without kids?  Your girls can entertain my boys while the adults shoot the breeze.  Or we can get a sitter and you both ride!  What did you say Leigh rides?  I know she doesn't ride 2-up with you on that thing!!!  Too independent and too smart!  No good way to hold on! 

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 24 queries.