Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: 16G shotgun mufflers for 06 SEVROD  (Read 14860 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
Re: 16G shotgun mufflers for 06 SEVROD
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2006, 09:53:21 PM »

I'd recommend this guy!
http://www.rollingthunderdyno.com/

He'll be at Murrells Inlet in October.  I plan to have mine dyno'd a 2nd time.  She's got 3k now and will have another 2k by then!  We'll see how she stacks up the 2nd go-round!  

I LOVE THE PIPES!!!  I really like the dual look!  I like the stock pipes just sound like $h!t.  I like  the PowerCommander too!  Plus without it I couldn't have the quickshift and that's my favorite feature!  Night pics are fine!  Still looks good!  Teresa has an awesome ride!  LOL!!!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 09:54:03 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2006, 10:58:40 PM »

Thanks V.  We sure are having lots of fun with the bikes.  We were at MB spring event maby we will see ya in the fall.  Have a great one and ride safe.
                                         G and T

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »

sorry about the nightime pics but got home late from work here is another shot

Nice pipes Gary and congrats to Teresa...... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 10:34:44 PM »

Thanks man.  She loves them and when she's happy, I'm happy  ;D

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2006, 01:15:57 PM »

Hi Gary and Teresa,
Pipes look great. I'm still in the break in phase, less then 400 miles although I may push that a little today, haven't deceided what mods I'll do yet. But I love those pipes.
Have a good one,
Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »

Thanks man.  Don't worry about the mods - the fine folks on this site will be more than happy to help you spend your money  ;D  On a serious note I have found lots of help and great information here.  A very helpful bunch, I feel very lucky to have stumbled onto this site.  Only wish I had found it sooner.  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »

Gary,
You're right about that, there is NO shortage of ways to spend money here!! Picking from the countless ideas is the hard part, and a great group people too.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

JerseyGuy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »

Hi all,

This site is great.  I was an old time motocross and Jap bike owner.  I had been looking for a new bike for months when I walked into the local Harley dealer and from 20 feet away said to myself that is the bike, an 06 Yellow SE.  Bought it at once.  I have had it for 6 weeks now, 800 miles latter and love it except for the frequent gas stops.  :'( I am hooked.  :P Been reading this site for a few days and I have much to learn.  I agree the bike does not sound like a Harley and I need to change that aspect.  I want the bike louder but not so load as to piss off my neighbors too much in the am.  I looked at the power commander site and most of the Harley stuff is still greek to me.  I would like to improve performance over all and exhaust.  I also agree the stock exhaust sticks out too much.  Does any one have any overall configuration ideas for a newbie?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I will get pics once the rains stops here in Jersey.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2006, 01:47:32 AM »

Welcome to the site.  Teresa I very happy with the HD Screamin eagle 16 g mufflers.  She went with the SERT but we have heard good things about the Power Comander as well.  The 16G mufflers do sound much better and are louder without beeing too loud.  Oh by the way congrats on the new bike.  I hope you enjoy and ride safe.  If you have any question feel free to pm me
                                        Later Gary

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2006, 09:10:41 AM »

Hi all,

This site is great.  I was an old time motocross and Jap bike owner.  I had been looking for a new bike for months when I walked into the local Harley dealer and from 20 feet away said to myself that is the bike, an 06 Yellow SE.  Bought it at once.  I have had it for 6 weeks now, 800 miles latter and love it [highlight]except for the frequent gas stops[/highlight].  :'( I am hooked.  :P Been reading this site for a few days and I have much to learn.  I agree the bike does not sound like a Harley and I need to change that aspect.  I want the bike louder but not so load as to piss off my neighbors too much in the am.  I looked at the power commander site and most of the Harley stuff is still greek to me.  I would like to improve performance over all and exhaust.  I also agree the stock exhaust sticks out too much.  Does any one have any overall configuration ideas for a newbie?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I will get pics once the rains stops here in Jersey.

Welcome to this fantastic site where you find hundreds of way how to spend $$$$$......

I have understood that the '06 has a bigger gas tank tank than '05.....I have the '05 and I have to stop every 100 miles for gas >:(.............about exhaust I went to V&H Powershots and sound nice..

Ride Safe,

Jorge
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:11:27 AM by jegomez »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »

Hi all,

This site is great.  I was an old time motocross and Jap bike owner.  I had been looking for a new bike for months when I walked into the local Harley dealer and from 20 feet away said to myself that is the bike, an 06 Yellow SE.  Bought it at once.  I have had it for 6 weeks now, 800 miles latter and love it [highlight]except for the frequent gas stops[/highlight].  :'( I am hooked.  :P Been reading this site for a few days and I have much to learn.  I agree the bike does not sound like a Harley and I need to change that aspect.  I want the bike louder but not so load as to piss off my neighbors too much in the am.  I looked at the power commander site and most of the Harley stuff is still greek to me.  I would like to improve performance over all and exhaust.  I also agree the stock exhaust sticks out too much.  Does any one have any overall configuration ideas for a newbie?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I will get pics once the rains stops here in Jersey.

Look at it this way...more frequent stops may allow you to enjoy a longer day on the scoot.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2006, 06:37:32 PM »

Welcome to the site.  Teresa I very happy with the [highlight]HD Screamin eagle 16 g mufflers[/highlight].  She went with the SERT but we have heard good things about the Power Comander as well.  [highlight]The 16G mufflers do sound much better and are louder without beeing too loud.[/highlight]  Oh by the way congrats on the new bike.  I hope you enjoy and ride safe.  If you have any question feel free to pm me
                                        Later Gary

Gary,

I too enjoy the 16ga for the same reasons...

All a matter of personal choice and there are plenty of them for this bike.

JerseyGuy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2006, 06:05:08 PM »

[smiley=banana.gif] Gary, Thanks much for the info.  I went to my local Harley dearler and the SE tips are now discontinued, and they 16 Ga pipes, they had none in stock.  The drove 30 miles to another dealer and had some luck, they had one set in stock.  They also recommended the 16 Ga pipes and I am also going the extra mile and doing the race tuning with 4 hours on the dyno, ecm calibration.  The master tech says I will get the best performance out of the bike.  I take it in on 21 Sept, I wil let you know how it goes.  Thanks for all the help and extra emails.  I will post pic's when done.

justgary

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

congrats on the setup.  Let us know how you like it.  Ride safe and have a great one
                                        Gary

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »

(Dang it Naitram!  Still need an ORANGE dancing vegetable!  A dancing carrot will do!)  :-[

Helen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 22 queries.