Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Bug Slide  (Read 31567 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Bug Slide
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »

Got a question about this "Bug Slide".  If a bug gets this stuff on him, and he falls to the ground, and I happen to step on him, will I immediately slip and fall on my azz?

A nice coat of pure carnauba on a clean surface will also help bugs and other stuff slide right off btw.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2016, 03:50:05 PM »

Got a question about this "Bug Slide".  If a bug gets this stuff on him, and he falls to the ground, and I happen to step on him, will I immediately slip and fall on my azz?

A nice coat of pure carnauba on a clean surface will also help bugs and other stuff slide right off btw.

Jerry ;)
Only if you have a "bug @$$". :P :D :D

I don't think any of us (at least me) are saying/implying that this product replaces a good wax job. This is a quick detail product that can be used between those full detail (washing and/or waxing).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2016, 04:41:15 PM »

Like when you're stopped for gas. 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2016, 04:56:51 PM »

Like when you're stopped for gas. 8)
BTDTT (Been There Done That Too). :2vrolijk_21:

I keep Bugslide, Absorber (you can store it damp in the tube), and a California Mini Duster in my saddlebag for just those occasions.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

PBCVOHD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2018, 05:22:50 PM »

I have been using a product called Slick Mist Speed Wax that is made by Lucas Oil for nearly as long as I have been riding my Harleys (5 yrs). I have been more than happy with it because of the cost and effectiveness. It is a spray on, wipe off product that is pleasant and easy to use. But just like anything else, you're always wondering if there is anything out there that is better. So while reading about cleaners that other riders are using I came across this product called Bugslide. It got many good reviews so I broke down and bought a trial supply. Although it did work good, and left a slick feeling on the surface of the bike. I didn't find that it was that much better that it was worth the cost that is about 2.5 times the cost of my Slickmist. I clean my bike after every ride as I feel that it would be a shame to let something so beautiful not look it’s best. Needless to say, I use quite a bit of the stuff. As most people do, I research what I buy to get the most for my money. After spending hours looking around, I have found that SPEEDWAY MOTORS is the cheapest of anyone.  On a product such as this it doesn’t matter where you get it because it’s all going to be the same thing. Typically, you will see this product at Walmart or Autozone at around 8 to 9 dollars for a 24 oz bottle. At Speedway, it is $6.99. If you want an even better price, you can buy it by the case (6 bottles) for $38.99 witch brings the cost down to $6.49 a bottle. When I normally use 15 to 20 bottles a year, the savings make it worth buying by the case. Who doesn’t like saving money??

PBCVOHD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OK

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2018, 05:26:39 PM »

Re: Lucas Oil Slick Mist
« Reply #79 on: Today at 05:22:50 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
I have been using a product called Slick Mist Speed Wax that is made by Lucas Oil for nearly as long as I have been riding my Harleys (5 yrs). I have been more than happy with it because of the cost and effectiveness. It is a spray on, wipe off product that is pleasant and easy to use. But just like anything else, you're always wondering if there is anything out there that is better. So while reading about cleaners that other riders are using I came across this product called Bugslide. It got many good reviews so I broke down and bought a trial supply. Although it did work good, and left a slick feeling on the surface of the bike. I didn't find that it was that much better that it was worth the cost that is about 2.5 times the cost of my Slickmist. I clean my bike after every ride as I feel that it would be a shame to let something so beautiful not look it’s best. Needless to say, I use quite a bit of the stuff. As most people do, I research what I buy to get the most for my money. After spending hours looking around, I have found that SPEEDWAY MOTORS is the cheapest of anyone.  On a product such as this it doesn’t matter where you get it because it’s all going to be the same thing. Typically, you will see this product at Walmart or Autozone at around 8 to 9 dollars for a 24 oz bottle. At Speedway, it is $6.99. If you want an even better price, you can buy it by the case (6 bottles) for $38.99 witch brings the cost down to $6.49 a bottle. When I normally use 15 to 20 bottles a year, the savings make it worth buying by the case. Who doesn’t like saving money??

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »

I have used Bugslide for many years and have found it works on old dried bugs as good as fresh ones!  But, I believe it’s an individual choice and what ever works for you is the BEST deal.  ;D
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »

Bug Slide dealer here:

CJ Cycle
509-486-2720

15% off MSRP.  We sell the travel kits, shop kits, and 1/2 gal. jug for refill.  Great stuff, smells good too!
CHOPS
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.