Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 03 SERK Is the SEAT Pan The same as the Stock RK , RK Custom RKC?  (Read 1434 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF

WOuld anyone know for 100% positive is the stock seat off a Road King or Road King Classic or Custom would fit correctly as well as look the same mounted  on e 03 SERK?

I'm thinking about going the Russell Seat route and quit screwing around with temp fixes on the stock seat.

I ask because for some reason the stock 03 SERK seat feels different and also looks like it it built a little different than a stock RK or RKC or evn RK Custom seat. I want to make surs as I would hate to spend all the money on a custom seat and find out that the pans were different between the SERK And other Road King Models.

WHat other NON RK seats would fit the SERK correctly? IE Road Glide, possibly Ultra Classic. Perhaps the seat used on the 03 SERK seat is actually a Road Glide one. Somthing is just different that I can not put my finger on.

TIA,
John
JR

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: 03 SERK Is the SEAT Pan The same as the Stock RK , RK Custom RKC?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:33:14 AM »

WOuld anyone know for 100% positive is the stock seat off a Road King or Road King Classic or Custom would fit correctly as well as look the same mounted  on e 03 SERK?

I'm thinking about going the Russell Seat route and quit screwing around with temp fixes on the stock seat.

I ask because for some reason the stock 03 SERK seat feels different and also looks like it it built a little different than a stock RK or RKC or evn RK Custom seat. I want to make surs as I would hate to spend all the money on a custom seat and find out that the pans were different between the SERK And other Road King Models.

WHat other NON RK seats would fit the SERK correctly? IE Road Glide, possibly Ultra Classic. Perhaps the seat used on the 03 SERK seat is actually a Road Glide one. Somthing is just different that I can not put my finger on.

TIA,
John

It's the same frame in all three bikes, so the seat will fit. For proof, look at the P&A catalog. All of their RK seats will fit many years bikes both S/E and non-S/E.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:46 AM »

This is the 4th RK this seat's been on since my '99 RK. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12109.msg188180#msg188180  All FLH/T seats fit the same since '97, I believe. You need the shorter "nose" type seat for RK's. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:55:35 AM »

This is the 4th RK this seat's been on since my '99 RK. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12109.msg188180#msg188180  All FLH/T seats fit the same since '97, I believe. You need the shorter "nose" type seat for RK's. Hoist! 8)

Hoist,
OK so bottom line any Road King seat will work on my 03 SERK. Other models would fit but the nose would be too long correct? WOuld you know if all of those seats were built off the same seat pan?

John
JR

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:10:30 AM »

Hoist,
OK so bottom line any Road King seat will work on my 03 SERK. Other models would fit but the nose would be too long correct? WOuld you know if all of those seats were built off the same seat pan?

John

That's correct about the "nose". Full Dresser's have shorter dashboards and lomger seat "noses". The RK seatpans might be slightly different to accomodate the different style seats for them. They all mount the same and fit an RK. So any '97 and later RK seatpan will work. Are they all the same seat pan? I'm not sure about that one. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 09:35:11 PM »

The Road King Custom is different because the console extends beyond the tank.  Mustang lists a different version of their seats for the custom.  I use aftermarket vendors fitment specs to answer questions about interchangeability.

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno:
Any day on the bike is a good day.

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 06:39:40 AM »

I am not sure of newer models but when I bought my Corbin seat for my 03 SERK, their was a different seat due to the narrow dash.  The other Road Kings had a much wider dash.
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 07:39:30 AM »

I got from corbin that the 07 serk was different due not only to the narrow dash but the new electrical covers....
The new square plastic covers for the wiring harness to go in...They cancelled my order for an 03 seat because of this.  I still have not heard back from them about the 07...The new progressive shocks have helped greatly though.
The seat feels better as the bike doesn't bump as hard anymore.

Miker

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.