Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mustang solo seat & Clearview windshield  (Read 4303 times)

azg

Mustang solo seat & Clearview windshield
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »

Since I will use this bike exclusively for solo rides I bought what feel is the most comfortable seat available. I love this seat!

The Clearview really did not solve my troubles of helmet buffeting. Not sure what I am going to to as I really do not what to look through the windshield.
2008 SERK
2013 K1600GT

stutz76

Re: Mustang solo seat & Clearview windshield
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 10:52:40 PM »

I did install an air baffle on mine and helps with the buffeting.

azg

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »

Thanks Stutz, I'll try that.
2008 SERK
2013 K1600GT

azg

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 11:53:47 PM »

Another Seat Pic.
2008 SERK
2013 K1600GT

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 07:24:32 AM »

Same here on the Clearview not making a lot of difference with buffetting; that was disappointing as I'd heard such great things about them.  There is a thread going about the fork deflectors and how they help.  I haven't been able to get past the look, but do noticed that a lot of the air comes from where they would be located. 
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:54:34 AM »

I did install an air baffle on mine and helps with the buffeting.

If the baffle works as well on a SERK as it does a Glide, you'll be very happy.  And it's relatively a cheap option to try.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:49:33 PM »

The baffles are chrome so they look less bad. If your going to ride with a windscreen you've already made the choice toward comfort over aesthetics.  Get the baffles you will be delighted with the result....comfort that is. 
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »

Since I will use this bike exclusively for solo rides I bought what feel is the most comfortable seat available. I love this seat!

The Clearview really did not solve my troubles of helmet buffeting. Not sure what I am going to to as I really do not what to look through the windshield.
  The fork deflectors make a huge difference. I know they don't look great but on trips it sure is a smooth ride. You can take them off in 5 minutes . Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 11:30:27 PM »

I bought the Road King mid-low profile windshield, which includes the whole mounting gear assembly and the windshield.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768464&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309213376&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309213376&bmUID=1197346960083&bmLocale=en_US

Part no. 58325-06. It's 18" high above the headlight cut-out (versus the standard Clear View with I think is 17"). You still look over it and it works pretty well to get rid of buffetting - WAY better than the standard wind deflector. The other alternative is to get the full height Road King windshield (+2") or get another Clear View, but in a taller height. Also, the overall width of the RK windshield is 23" whereas the Wind Deflector is 19.4", so more than 3.5" of difference in width.

I'm pretty happy with the RK windshield - but it ain't no Ultra and nor is it a Gold Wing!

You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »

Nice looking seat. I've had a couple of Mustang seats on other bikes and like them. What is the model # part # of that seat?
Keep your knees to the breeze

hhckb

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »

I have the same bike and was interested in a solo mustang seat. I emailed them and received a reply that stated they will not be making a seat for the 08 Screaming Eagle Roadking. What model # did you order. Did you have to modify something? Does it fit as well as it looks in your photo?

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 10:26:02 PM »

I have the same bike and was interested in a solo mustang seat. I emailed them and received a reply that stated they will not be making a seat for the 08 Screaming Eagle Roadking. What model # did you order. Did you have to modify something? Does it fit as well as it looks in your photo?

I think someone here said that the SE and standard Road King use the same seat.  So if Mustang has an '08 RK seat it should fit the '08 SERK.

Before you buy based on my comment, do a quick search and I think you'll find the thread that tells about the two bikes.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.