Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 07B Head Gasket For 110 Motors  (Read 5367 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
07B Head Gasket For 110 Motors
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »

On April 22, 2008 I talked with Bob Dwyer / Rusty, here is one of the statements he made "your bike will have the new 07B Head Gasket which was tested for months and has been in production for a couple of weeks, this will end your Head Gasket leak problem". Bob Dwyer was in conference with the Chief Technician while making the statement. I am stating what the man told me. Any problem with the statement made by Bob Dwyer should be directed to Bob Dwyer Harley Davidson Supervisor 1-414-343-4056. I, as usual have to wait and see.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
Re: 07B Head Gasket For 110 Motors
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 10:46:15 PM »

On April 22, 2008 I talked with Bob Dwyer / Rusty, here is one of the statements he made "your bike will have the new 07B Head Gasket which was tested for months and has been in production for a couple of weeks, this will end your Head Gasket leak problem". Bob Dwyer was in conference with the Chief Technician while making the statement. I am stating what the man told me. Any problem with the statement made by Bob Dwyer should be directed to Bob Dwyer Harley Davidson Supervisor 1-414-343-4056. I, as usual have to wait and see.

When you know more give a shout! :nervous:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »

Hummm....... Why do I have the urge to get the vasoline?  I sure hope there's some truth here about taking care of the head gasket problem! Ok, let me hold my breath. Personally, I can't complain .  .  .  yet! My scooter is all good for now, for now, for now, for now, for now....
UJ
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Trailer4E

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »

I believe that there is something more than the head gasket-I took my 07 SERK in for that leak and they replaced the whole top end-I am glad that Harley apparently knows about the problem-they should recall the 110 engines that are in question.  My bike did not start leaking till I had 9000 miles on it.  A lot of people that do not ride there bikes much-may not have a problem until the warranty is up on the bike.  These are just my thoughts about the leaking problem.  I only have about 1000 miles on my bike after the repairs and no leaks yet. 
07 Screaming Eagle Road King and Love it

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 05:07:45 PM »

I believe that there is something more than the head gasket-I took my 07 SERK in for that leak and they replaced the whole top end-I am glad that Harley apparently knows about the problem-they should recall the 110 engines that are in question.  My bike did not start leaking till I had 9000 miles on it.  A lot of people that do not ride there bikes much-may not have a problem until the warranty is up on the bike.  These are just my thoughts about the leaking problem.  I only have about 1000 miles on my bike after the repairs and no leaks yet. 

Of course there is more than a gasket problem with the 07 CVO's. Flywheels, Cylinder Liner Slippage, and the 3rd Generation Head Gasket(07B).

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 01:27:48 AM »

Fortunately none of those woes have visited the '07 SERK here since bringing it home almost 18 months ago and I've ridden it like my sport bikes.  Zero problems/issues.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:56:27 AM »

Fortunately none of those woes have visited the '07 SERK here since bringing it home almost 18 months ago and I've ridden it like my sport bikes.  Zero problems/issues.

That's great to hear. It is comforting that not everyone has had to deal with the problems.  :)

How about getting out there and making another movie for us? :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 11:41:30 PM »

That's great to hear. It is comforting that not everyone has had to deal with the problems.  :)

How about getting out there and making another movie for us? :2vrolijk_21:

:indian_chief:

Will do so!  BTW, Met an '07 SEEG rider today at a lunch place and asked him if he'd had any problems.  None was the response.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »

Will do so!  BTW, Met an '07 SEEG rider today at a lunch place and asked him if he'd had any problems.  None was the response.

Did he mention how many miles he had on the bike?

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »

picture says a thousand words
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »

picture says it all
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

RGL

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 12:50:52 PM »

I'm at 10K on my 07 with no apparent issues. I did have to deal with two warranty items - the tach/speedo and some faulty chrome on the cluth cover. Other than that, no issues and I too tend to ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet.

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 11:14:37 PM »

IMHO if it ain't leaking, your not riding it right. ;D

stekat

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 01:30:53 AM »

picture says a thousand words

110mofo, to bring you up to date on this failure.  As you probably know, the bike was trailered to Victorville HD.  The crank sensor was shredded and we all know what that means, "crank run-out".  Victorville took one look and ordered a complete new engine for Walt.  That was on a Friday; by the following Saturday he had a new engine and took the bike home, a very quick turn around.  BTW, the new engine has the new composite head gasket installed from the factory. 

I think Harley is getting ramped up for "volume engine replacement" on the 110.  Walt is the third bike of my close friends to get a new motor.  The rest of us have all had at least the head gasket scenario problems.  I wonder if Harley has simply planned for at least two engines for every 110 CVO sold.  It's plausible since the MSRP is high enough to cover two engines per bike.  Hang on to your extended warranty!

vagabond6542

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 01:41:07 AM »

110mofo, to bring you up to date on this failure.  As you probably know, the bike was trailered to Victorville HD.  The crank sensor was shredded and we all know what that means, "crank run-out".  Victorville took one look and ordered a complete new engine for Walt.  That was on a Friday; by the following Saturday he had a new engine and took the bike home, a very quick turn around.  BTW, the new engine has the new composite head gasket installed from the factory. 

I think Harley is getting ramped up for "volume engine replacement" on the 110.  Walt is the third bike of my close friends to get a new motor.  The rest of us have all had at least the head gasket scenario problems.  I wonder if Harley has simply planned for at least two engines for every 110 CVO sold.  It's plausible since the MSRP is high enough to cover two engines per bike.  Hang on to your extended warranty!

I have been wondering about going there, because you lose the first two years of the extended warranty.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.