Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 07 CVO Roadking headgasket thinkness  (Read 1807 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
07 CVO Roadking headgasket thinkness
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:52:19 PM »

anyone  know for sure what the stock  thickness is of the head gaskets.  also are the new style the same thickness.        thanks,

Happy

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 07 CVO Roadking headgasket thinkness
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 10:21:07 PM »

still looking  for the  headgasket info       thanks

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:39:48 PM »

still looking  for the  headgasket info       thanks

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's 0.040". I use Cometic 0.030". If I'm off on this, I'm sure we'll hear about it immediately, but that's what I was told when I did my motor over. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »

well   i guess i need to call a dealer and when they do a top end on a   07 cvo have them measure.    also are they measuring them from the  area near the piston or the oputer   part of the gasket. there is a differance .  i have  heard anything  from .040 to  .049.   
 whcih time was it you were tole the  thinckness.   you have had your motor down  how many times now??    still  running good i take it. think i may  swap out a set of heads and leave my cams alone as they are pretty good for what i do.  maybe some  boday  that has built a couple of these 110" motors will set things straight

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's 0.040". I use Cometic 0.030". If I'm off on this, I'm sure we'll hear about it immediately, but that's what I was told when I did my motor over. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 08:53:59 AM »

well   i guess i need to call a dealer and when they do a top end on a   07 cvo have them measure.    also are they measuring them from the  area near the piston or the oputer   part of the gasket. there is a differance .  i have  heard anything  from .040 to  .049.   
 whcih time was it you were tole the  thinckness.   you have had your motor down  how many times now??    still  running good i take it. think i may  swap out a set of heads and leave my cams alone as they are pretty good for what i do.  maybe some  boday  that has built a couple of these 110" motors will set things straight

It's been running great ever since. The dealer tried twice before I gave up on the idiocy of what they were doing to fix it! The new motor's light years better. I'm getting what appears now to be a failing lifter. I've got it in for troubleshooting. But leaks are a thing of the past. Parts fail, and that sucks, but that's not the same as a poor design and subsequent alleged fixes! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 09:07:48 AM »

hope it all works out for you..    do you have a good  crank in that motor?    have you ever  heard of a valve guilde  issue with the  cvo 110" motors??   seems i heard of that one and also the  center bolt.    the center bolt on mine  seems  good and  all the gaskets seemed  ok also and  i still will get them replaced  just because  soooner or later, they will puke.

It's been running great ever since. The dealer tried twice before I gave up on the idiocy of what they were doing to fix it! The new motor's light years better. I'm getting what appears now to be a failing lifter. I've got it in for troubleshooting. But leaks are a thing of the past. Parts fail, and that sucks, but that's not the same as a poor design and subsequent alleged fixes! ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 09:16:21 AM »

!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 09:19:21 AM »

Did you get the letter addressing these issues..
If not go th the HD web site and enter the vin...

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »

on all but the  valve guides.  also all the rocker box gaskets.     so its all top end gaskets    acr's and center bolt.
Did you get the letter addressing these issues..
If not go th the HD web site and enter the vin...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »

!

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 01:12:48 PM »

Here I thought Thinkness was a new type of measurement
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.