Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Which seat.....?  (Read 3433 times)

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Which seat.....?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 06:41:39 PM »

Thanks for the info and extra pics; I think I’ll add one by springtime.  Did you notice any difference in body placement i.e. closer or further from bars sitting higher or lower?  I better plan on riding alone, it looks rater suicidal for the passenger.

Thanks for the info

Gregg

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »

If it ever stops raining, I'll try to get some pics of my Corbin Dual Tour on my 08 SERK.  I have a little over 800 miles on it and so far I really like it.  The wife hated the stock pillion and said that the Corbin is a huge improvement.  Spent 6 hours on it this past weekend and have no complaints.  The extra money for heat was well worth it since it was around 50 degrees for most of my ride.

Seat was a little stiff at first but has softened up and got more comfortable with a few hundred miles.  The stitching on the nose of the seat doesn't line up with the console, but the comfort makes up for that.  It's been a nice improvement over the stock seat, but it is pricey.  The Corbin did move me back a bit from the stock seat position. 
2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 07:00:42 PM »

If it ever stops raining, I'll try to get some pics of my Corbin Dual Tour on my 08 SERK.  I have a little over 800 miles on it and so far I really like it.  The wife hated the stock pillion and said that the Corbin is a huge improvement.  Spent 6 hours on it this past weekend and have no complaints.  The extra money for heat was well worth it since it was around 50 degrees for most of my ride.

Seat was a little stiff at first but has softened up and got more comfortable with a few hundred miles.  The stitching on the nose of the seat doesn't line up with the console, but the comfort makes up for that.  It's been a nice improvement over the stock seat, but it is pricey.  The Corbin did move me back a bit from the stock seat position. 
Mike, if you get a chance would you mind throwing a tape on your Corbin and post it's width at the widest part of the rider's bucket? Thanks.

Howie

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 07:52:12 PM »

on the stock seat i'm on my toes on the C&C i'm on the ball of my foot, 1" shorter shocks are next maybe i'll be flat footed!!! then i can really burn my left leg on the rineharts woohoooooo

mike45

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Black & Silver
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »

Mike, if you get a chance would you mind throwing a tape on your Corbin and post it's width at the widest part of the rider's bucket? Thanks.

Howie

13.5" wide for the rider part, 12" wide for the passenger
2008 SERK
TTS Mastertune
Bub 7 True Dual w/crossover

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »

13.5" wide for the rider part, 12" wide for the passenger
Thanks Mike. These are the same measurements as the Corbin on my 08 but it seems the Dual Tour for the 07's were approx. 2'' wider if memory serves me right.

popper

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 09:28:54 AM »

I did the Corbin seat on my 08. I actually got it while up at Milwaukee for the 105th. The ride home was better than the stock seat. I did notice a couple of things though. First off, once on the road I noticed the Corbin has me sitting up a little higher and back. The back crowded my wife a little. In the up part, my windshield is now almost too short. I had trimmed my windshield when the stock seat was on. As far as comfort, It did feel better than the stock seat. One problem though, My stock seat seemed to have a "pocket" that I would seem to settle into. The Corbin doesn't seem to have this and I find myself sliding forward. Also the wife sits up higher. Co5rbin shipped my seat back to me when I bought the new seat from them at the 105th. It took quite a while to get the stock seat back. When the stock seat did show up, I put it back on the bike just to compare again. I noticed right away that I sat lower and my windshield worked again for me. My wife sat lower too and seemed to like that better. Durring our ride we both liked the old seat better at first but later on in the ride the old seat showed up again. In my opinion the Corbin is more comfortable but I like the seating position of the stock seat better. The c&c seat that is talked about here looks good. I have never heard of this company before though. I am going to look into that and a LaPera this winter. I would like to find a way to make the stock seat better and keep it.     
Keep your knees to the breeze

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »

I did the Corbin seat on my 08. I actually got it while up at Milwaukee for the 105th. The ride home was better than the stock seat. I did notice a couple of things though. First off, once on the road I noticed the Corbin has me sitting up a little higher and back. The back crowded my wife a little. In the up part, my windshield is now almost too short. I had trimmed my windshield when the stock seat was on. As far as comfort, It did feel better than the stock seat. One problem though, My stock seat seemed to have a "pocket" that I would seem to settle into. The Corbin doesn't seem to have this and I find myself sliding forward. Also the wife sits up higher. Co5rbin shipped my seat back to me when I bought the new seat from them at the 105th. It took quite a while to get the stock seat back. When the stock seat did show up, I put it back on the bike just to compare again. I noticed right away that I sat lower and my windshield worked again for me. My wife sat lower too and seemed to like that better. Durring our ride we both liked the old seat better at first but later on in the ride the old seat showed up again. In my opinion the Corbin is more comfortable but I like the seating position of the stock seat better. The c&c seat that is talked about here looks good. I have never heard of this company before though. I am going to look into that and a LaPera this winter. I would like to find a way to make the stock seat better and keep it.     

Hi Popper, I will be very interested to hear the results of your winter test as I am looking at a seat change as well. Have you also looked at Mustang? At least with the Mustang you can still use the stock rider and pillion backrests.  :coolblue:
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde :coolblue:

TXzBob

• CVO1: '08 FLHRSE4
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »

C&C Sport Tour  Bucket is deeper than the solo.  Haven't needed the backrest yet! However it is fitted to this seat also!

I'm looking to get the same seat; do you mind telling me what you paid for yours and how long it took to get it?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.