Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Cybil III, Hoist's '07C FLHRSE3-Surrogate Update!  (Read 10069 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cybil III, Hoist's '07C FLHRSE3-Surrogate Update!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:03 AM »

Knew he was a FD guy hiding in the closet!  Isn't that a center stand I see holding that FD up?  Doesn't that interfere with the Tru-Trak?

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

P.S. God he's gonna yell at me.

At Vern's shop there is a gas torch and a BFH.  With a gas torch and a BFH there is nothing that can't be accomplished or created.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »

At Vern's shop there is a gas torch and a BFH.  With a gas torch and a BFH there is nothing that can't be accomplished or created.

Tru Dat!

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »

Ok maybe I missed it but what happened to Howie since Feb 1st. I know the internet is faster so that must because he is taking a holiday.
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

elvislee

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 11:02:34 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »

Congrats Howie!  Now put a f-ing fairing on it!   
    :huepfenjump3: :orange: :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 05:05:14 PM »

TODAY'S UPDATE (HeHe!!!):

Well, getting time for some winter work on Cybil. Still contemplating everything I want to do. I just received the Baker 31T Trans pulley to change my gearing some. That'll bring her down to 75 MPH at 3 grand from 80. I've got all the renewal parts I need for the SE Comp Sprocket and will be putting that back on. I'm also trying the IDS belt pulley as well. And possibly the HB-125 automatic hydraulic primary chain tensioner (not sure on that yet). That should do it for the drive stuff.

Front end changes will be adding the TriGlide steering damper assembly. I have all the parts now. I'm still debating (but leaning toward) installing the CCE FL upper triple tree conversion. This would require me to remove the legs as this setup uses taller upper fork tubes. I'd have to send them to Traxxion to have them rebuild them with my AK-20 cartridges. They'll prolly also need to make a custom shaft for it as the standard FL AK-20 cartridge prolly isn't long enough. They say no biggie to that.

The bike will be completely gone over from top to bottom, and redone by a very anal HD tech, that's setup to do this in his home garage. He's an old school guy that won't rush anything, and uses a torque wrench on EVERYTHING! He just went over Joy from top to bottom and adjusted EVERYTHING back to HD specs. I pick her up tomorrow. He's a by-the-book kinda guy and won't take shortcuts. Vern's still outta work, so I think I'll have this guy take care of her this time around. He'll install my new parts, setup the front end, completely realign the bike, and adjust EVERYTHING to spec.

I'm hoping that with this year's work that I can get Cybil as good as she'll ever be. The only thing I need to determine is if those 1 size over Pirelli Night Dragon Bias Ply Tires I found, will work on the SERK3 stock wheels. Still not sure on that either yet.

I'm waiting to hear back from Iron Horse Audio. I saw they were only in NJ, and was hoping the'd rewire all my electronics propely this time. So after he's done, and they'll do the electronics work, next step would be getting her to him in NJ. As long as EVERYTHING is done before Spring, I'm OK with her being down all Winter. The other 4 bikes are all good to go, and I have no trips planned during the winter. So get ready for Cybil IV, My New and Improved ‘07D FLHRSE3! ::) :) :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »

Just ordered the HB-125 Hydraulic Chain Tensioner from Southern Oregon Hot Bikes, the only place I know of to get them. Waiting to hear back from Dominick to see what he thinks about the CCE FL upper tree conversion. I plan on trying it unless I hear a drastic concern about it. Also sending my FatCat headpipe to Jet Hot for ceramic coating. What'ya think? Did I miss anything this time around? ::) ;D ;)

BTW, Iron Horse Audio doesn't do installations. Anyone know a really good electronics installer around here, that I can trust to rewire Cybil's Zumo/stereo setup? :nixweiss:

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 10:36:47 AM »

All those parts/service your getting/doing - do you order the fairing yet?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »

All those parts/service your getting/doing - do you order the fairing yet?

Howie is on a different theme this winter.  Fairing would be accessory addition.  This year it's all about re-service.  This time Cybil is taking off good parts for... well... other good parts :huepfenlol2: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »

No Duane! The fairing will be on my Red Bike! :o

When hell freezes over and pigs fly! You go a better chance of seeing God than seeing that! :P ::) :D :D :D :D :D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »

Howie is on a different theme this winter.  Fairing would be accessory addition.  This year it's all about re-service.  This time Cybil is taking off good parts for... well... other good parts :huepfenlol2: .

HeHe!!! That's about as well put as I've ever heard it Don! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 10:43:06 AM »

HeHe!!! That's about as well put as I've ever heard it Don! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

We're too sick to leave them alone.  Red bike and the other red bike are only avoiding winter projects because of the potential for the other other red bike.  We're all sick 8) .

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »

Howie is on a different theme this winter.  Fairing would be accessory addition.  This year it's all about re-service.  This time Cybil is taking off good parts for... well... other good parts :huepfenlol2: .

I sent him an adjustable steering dampner to help get Cybil under control.
If he likes it he's sending me money, if not, he's sending it back.
It's real shiny and chrome plated, damn, I should have painted it red.
Missed that opportunity.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »

I sent him an adjustable steering dampner to help get Cybil under control.
If he likes it he's sending me money, if not, he's sending it back.
It's real shiny and chrome plated, damn, I should have painted it red.
Missed that opportunity.

SBB

It's true.  Cybil needs red parts.  She doesn't really have instability up front.  She's just bucking while going down the road.  It's the only way she can complain about being that ugly shade of black :huepfenlol2: .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 10:57:53 AM »

It's true.  Cybil needs red parts.  She doesn't really have instability up front.  She's just bucking while going down the road.  It's the only way she can complain about being that ugly shade of black :huepfenlol2: .
Could be Cybil knows more then the owner and is asking for a fairing for stabilization... just sayin' :evilgrin: :sneaky: :wiseguy: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Now I sit back and wait for Howie to blow up with "You Fairing Guys Kill Me!!! like a 110 head gasket... oops... was that my outside voice

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 25 queries.