Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Gas Cap  (Read 12234 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
Re: Gas Cap
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 02:57:35 AM »

Anyone have trouble with their gas cap sticking? Sometimes it's a real challenge to get the cap to pop up.

I use a nonmarring pipe wrench from Harbor Freight, plastic handle with an adjustable rubber strap that comes in contact with the gas cap when removing. My gas cap is always a problem in the las Vegas summer months

lee champion

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »

finally got tired of focking with the POS pieces yest. and ordered a new one for $70. whateva crackhead designed this nightmare should be horse whipped. when new one comes in i will try the axle grease "fix". have this nightmare of getting stuck at some gas station so will keep old one in bag just in case new one falls apart like first one

07 CVO Road King

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 08:53:13 AM »

Yesterday mine wouldn't open for the first time.  I was begining to think I was going to be stranded about 80 miles from the house with only about 1 gal of gas in tank.  But got it opened.  I'm going to try lubing it as this thread sugests.  Something else weird I found was that when I did get it opened the tank hissed like it had built up pressure.  That doesn't seem normal.  Maybe that is why some people have had theres blow apart.  Gas expands alot with heat how do our tanks vent the excess air when the gas expands? 

I like the looks of the pop up caps, but they are a bitch when they don't work right.

07 CVO Road King

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 07:32:34 AM »

Finally made it by the dealer about gas cap.  Extended warrenty covered the cap.  Still cost me the $50 deductble but this was cheaper than buying it from parts depeartment.  These caps are a P.O.S.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.