Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: 03 SERK Dragonfly II  (Read 12524 times)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: 03 SERK Dragonfly II
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 09:25:07 AM »

Thanks Little Buddy. I wish I could incorporate some of my darkside in my paint.Maybe on the next one.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »

Love the fairing and the tat's......One question,  why are all the good inkers, great painters too????   Gotta be an art thing (me.........  you want a picture of a person.....you get a stick figure.....I guess I'm lost in that department).....

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 11:01:41 PM »

Wow! :o That is one Awesome piece of artwork! Where did you get the idea from? Definately an eye catcher, one of a kind. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

jachin72

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 11:42:20 PM »

[highlight]Wow!  That is one Awesome piece of artwork! Where did you get the idea from? Definately an eye catcher, one of a kind.  [/highlight]

It started from a tatoo they have posted in their shop.  It slants up and to the left and has the US Flag in the background.  The eagle looked weak, and I wanted mine to look pissed off, afterall he just ripped the _ell out of my paint job.  I didn't like brightness and contrast of the flag against the centenial gold, and didn't think it was a dignified way to display the flag anyway (22 years retired Navy).  So he put the harley logo "behind the paint" and then did a lot of smoothing and artistic license.  I couldn't believe he could make it look 3D like that.  

He already said that he would airbrush me the tail of the eagle going through some rips on the top of my tourpak.  Expect the harley logo to be reversed, to make it even more a complete theme.  Then the concept will be complete.

He is good [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Steve

outlawbulldog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 07:14:29 PM »

I have that same tatoo on my arm (eagle clawing out) pretty cool. But I wish I would have went with something original. I hate seeing the same tat on the guy next to me in line.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2006, 07:25:46 PM »

I have that same tatoo on my arm (eagle clawing out) pretty cool. But I wish I would have went with something original. [highlight]I hate seeing the same tat on the guy next to me in line. [/highlight]

True, true .... but at least you know he has good taste!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2006, 07:45:14 PM »

Thats why you have to come up with original artwork bro.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

jachin72

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

The outer with the first coat of clear.  That's Chris and my daughter behind me on the left.  Couple more coats.  It takes a long time between coats.

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2006, 11:50:52 AM »

Its gonna look great little Buddy. Can't wait to see it on your SERK. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

The outer with the first coat of clear.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jachin72

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »

I wanted to throw in a status update.  I have a few crappy pictures of the Dakota Digital speedo/tach swapout.  I took it apart Friday night, then most of Saturday, cut, spliced, soldered, and shrinkwrapped all the new wires in the console.  I decided after much pondering to go ahead and connect the speedo's turnsignals, neutral, highbeam, and low oil idiot lights and disconnect the LEDs on the console.  Finally made that decision as I didn't want to look at more than one place especially at speed.
The only hitch I ran into is the tach signal.  I must have starred at the wiring diagram for an hour trying to make sure I wouldn't disconnect something vital.  Well the whole thing worked out great BUT, I found out the hard way after finishing the speedo calibration run and gear indicator calibration run, THAT THE CRUISE CONTROL didn't work [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
The tach on the '03 transmits an output signal to the cruise module.  Even though the cruise module gets the same engine speed signal directly from the ECM, it still wants to see the tach output.  The Clymer book labelled the signal as the green light indicator signal.  I ran the diagnostic on the cruise and it gave me a 232 code.  So I had to tear into the tach signal splice and reconnect it back to the tach, while leaving it connected to the new Dakota speed/tach guage.  I was lucky that hooking both up to the ECM in parallel didn't fry anything.  Quite a gamble.  But I will write it off as me being luckier than good.  Probably something about the high impedance of the analog gauge or digital, I forget which, but the ECM probably only feels one of them on the signal line.
So if anyone does this, might want to splice the ECM tach signal and the green light indicator together at the tach plug if you don't keep the analog tach, or keep both like I did.
Anyway, pictures tonight when I get home.
Steve

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2006, 04:41:42 PM »

how did you get a code from the CC module?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

jachin72

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 05:00:38 PM »

Naitram,

I left that out as my post got pretty long.  Found it on page 59 in the Clymers or something around that page.

Procedure:  With ignition off, press and hold the right side to set.  Then turn on the ignition without starting the engine.  The green light will flash at you the three digits with a 1 or 2 second pause in between digits.  If you have more than one fault, I think there is a longer pause, then it flashes the next one.  Not sure as I only had one code.  The faults are on page 69 or around that area in a table in the Clymers.

OBTW, only the MOCO can reset it.  So at my next service I will direct them to reset the code since it works again.

Steve

jachin72

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2006, 07:03:48 PM »

Some of these photos are pretty crappy, but they still show enough to get by.  This is the Dakota Digital lit up at idle:

jachin72

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2006, 07:06:43 PM »

Sorry about the size of the last one, forgot to shrink it first.  This is a shot of same at 3000 rpm:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.