Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hi From Across The Pond  (Read 996 times)

Screamin' Al

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3 Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
    • CVO3: FLHXSE 2018 Dark Alloy/Black Denim
Hi From Across The Pond
« on: November 17, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »

Thought I would say hi from the UK and what a mine of information this site is. My SERK is unlikely to arrive before next year but it's great to read your experiences before I take to the road. I was disappointed that the new styish passing lamp brackets were incompatable with the wind deflectors - so it's the auxcillary passing lamps and the deflectors for me. I had them on my previous Heritage Softail and they were excellent not only in stopping buffeting, but they do redirect any road grit etc that's on a collision course for the tank. I haven't been complacent though, the "must have" accessories list is on the third rewrite. This list is important because with a trip to Clearwater booked after Christmas, there's a lot of money to be saved in your Florida dealers. We over in the UK do pay a premium for our chrome - almost 100% up on US prices! Just as a matter of interest folks, why do your SERKS have a round air filter cover and those coming into the UK are oval? Emissions perhaps...but unlikely? Well it's time to order the decals and enquire about a patch! Later Softail_Al

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Hi From Across The Pond
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 07:29:58 PM »

Emissions is correct.  The International models have a vacuum/electronic door that controls the amount of air intake.  Got to love it!
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.