Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: patience HD says!!  (Read 6269 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: patience HD says!!
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 03:05:05 PM »

Harley stock hit almost 63 last March.  Never reached that point again in the last year, before the last market correction it had only reached 56.  Today it is at 47, it's low point for the last year. Obviously investors have gotten the message.  In a way, the market is treating Harley the way it has been treating it's customers.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2018, 05:38:56 PM »

I do think Levatich is trying to improve quality, both of the product and of the customer service, but he's fighting an uphill and into-the-wind battle.  The demographics are against him, and the market isn't patient.

It's going to be really hard to change the mindset of the snowflake kids that are coming along.  So many of them live on their phones and computers; they don't go on physical adventures; at their age,they don't have the money to buy expensive toys; many of them have an "entitled" attitude and expect someone else to pay for their wants.
:drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 06:43:01 PM »

i traded my 13 SERG at the chevy store on a truck and they gave me more for it than a HD dealer was going to give me a year and half ago when i bought my 16 SERGU...  :nixweiss:  whats up there, and i unbolted a few trinkets from it that HD store bid it with. every body is out for a good deal, my thoughts are just play fair. and the new HDs are priced out a lill on the high side, so its going take somn big from HD to get me another new one
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:48:45 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

G 97

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »

i traded my 13 SERG at the chevy store on a truck and they gave me more for it than a HD dealer was going to give me a year and half ago when i bought my 16 SERGU...  :nixweiss:  whats up there, and i unbolted a few trinkets from it that HD store bid it with. every body is out for a good deal, my thoughts are just play fair. and the new HDs are priced out a lill on the high side, so its going take somn big from HD to get me another new one
You paid for the higher trade in value of the 13SERG they gave thru the purchase price of the truck.

How many auto ads do we all hear from a dealer that will give $5,000 above Blue Book value to any vehicle you trade in.   They never talk about the price of the new vehicle or the trade difference which actually determines what a consumer pays.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 06:03:11 PM »

truck price was 51k msrp,11k off year end deal, then they took 17k off that for the trade, wrote a check for 23k.... simple math...  :nixweiss: i checked it twice... bonus 3k in pocket from the trinket sales
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:08:05 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »

Motivated by greed brother, nothing wrong with making all the money you can. But when you overcharge and give poor service eventually it will haunt you. And believe you me it has. My local dealer has overcome a  lot of it because he is very active in the community and with his customers! I believe this will be the model for dealers that survive!

BigLew
Is that the Ken Barner guy I see all over Facebook? He owns 3 or 4 dealers down that way.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »

Just stopped by a dealer in the southern burbs of Phoenix yesterday.  They had can anniversary trike on the floor
An the price on the tag was $41.5k! Asked the sales person why so much?  His answer was,  well it's a limited addition!
They are still enjoying that joy juice!  Oh, there were only one person plus me in the whole place,  along with 6 sales people standing around!
The "TAZMUN"

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »

Amen Jerry. We bought our son a 2017 Ford Fiesta Hatch with 1L Turbo. It has 6 air bags, phone connect, A/C, speed control, etc... it cost us $13400 plus TTL of $450. Not a performance car but it's economic, safe, and reliable.

We got our Cherokee with V6, 9 speed auto, 4 wheel drive, lockers, armor, leather, gps, 9 speaker stereo...for 32K. Ok, I knocked the exhaust system off once, but driver error.  :P

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »

We got our Cherokee with V6, 9 speed auto, 4 wheel drive, lockers, armor, leather, gps, 9 speaker stereo...for 32K. Ok, I knocked the exhaust system off once, but driver error.  :P

Great price .. just need a body that fits in that car :)  Even the GRAND Cherokee is a minor struggle.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.