Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: We need to get something going here  (Read 9750 times)

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
We need to get something going here
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »

Need some ride reports.
              Older Guy

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
Re: We need to get something going here
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »

Hi Older Guy,
  My wife's CVO Deluxe will be two weeks old this Thurs and she has 1700 miles on.  She loves it!!  She came from '08 FXDB and the Deluxe is a Cadillac she says.  The best thing is it fits her well, low seat, bars that reach back to her, and everything just fits.  She is 5'2" 110 lbs and can move (back up) the bike in a parking spot easier than her old Street Bob.  I guess her only complaint would be the bags seam a little "cheap" in their design.

Next week another 2600 mile trip....
FLH91

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 04:08:39 AM »

Need some ride reports.
              Older Guy
I am surprised by the lack of posts about these Deluxe CVO's. I happen to think the paint looks hot . . . but agree the wheels could have been improved.  Also wished they threw hard bags on 'em!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »

As for the wheels, I love the new/old nine spoke...  They are better and easier to repair on the road with a plug kit, and cleaning them are much easier then true spokes...  Its a much better set up for those that are riding these things...
FLH91

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 02:41:56 PM »

I agree
         John

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 03:22:32 PM »

I saw one at Towne and Country HD in Cement City. Looked nice. Kind of a cross between my CVO Convertible and a Deluxe.

ladydeluxe

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »

Hi Older Guy,
  My wife's CVO Deluxe will be two weeks old this Thurs and she has 1700 miles on.  She loves it!!  She came from '08 FXDB and the Deluxe is a Cadillac she says.  The best thing is it fits her well, low seat, bars that reach back to her, and everything just fits.  She is 5'2" 110 lbs and can move (back up) the bike in a parking spot easier than her old Street Bob.  I guess her only complaint would be the bags seam a little "cheap" in their design.

FLH91
I am also 5'2" and am thinking about the purchasing the CVO Deluxe, I did have the opportunity to sit on the bike but felt I was reaching for the bars and that the seat was not very comfortable.  I was wondering is your wife is riding the bike stock or did she do something about the seat? 

2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
Wendy

rockinred

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »

I like the Deluxe models a lot.  I would have to get rid of those wheels, but to those who like them great.  I don't know about all the repairing on road issue.. cool.    :2vrolijk_21:

I like the Ruby Red CVO Deluxe and with a few changes could put up a really sweet bike.  I do miss the tombstone light though??    :nixweiss:

Look forward to seeing some of these bikes with a few personal touches on them for those that like to do that.

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:07 PM »

I am also 5'2" and am thinking about the purchasing the CVO Deluxe, I did have the opportunity to sit on the bike but felt I was reaching for the bars and that the seat was not very comfortable.  I was wondering is your wife is riding the bike stock or did she do something about the seat? 

She is riding the bike completely stock.  She was riding a Street Bob before stumbling on this bike.  She also tested out a 2012 CVO Softail Convertible, as well as a Heritage, but didn't like them.  The Deluxe with the stock narrow seat allowing her to reach the ground was just the perfect fit for her.  2 weeks, 2000 miles and all is great.  Maybe your arms are shorter???
FLH91

ladydeluxe

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »

She is riding the bike completely stock.  She was riding a Street Bob before stumbling on this bike.  She also tested out a 2012 CVO Softail Convertible, as well as a Heritage, but didn't like them.  The Deluxe with the stock narrow seat allowing her to reach the ground was just the perfect fit for her.  2 weeks, 2000 miles and all is great.  Maybe your arms are shorter???
FLH91

Beautiful bike, congratulations to your wife.  I had a 2009 deluxe which I ended up putting heritage bars on because of the reach.  I currently have an 2011 Limited that I put the pull back bars on plus I have the super reduced reach seat, great ride I'm just tired of the weight.  Thanks for the information, sounds like your wife is really enjoying the new bike, I'm still trying to decide if I want to spend the money.

2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
Wendy

Shes110

• Life's too Short
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride it like you stole it!!
    • FL

• CVO1: 2008 FXDSE2 - sold
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - sold
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO4: 2015.5 FLHXSE
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 12:57:06 AM »

FLH91

awesome just awesome :2vrolijk_21: ... mine should be here on the 25th and after seeing this picture I'm much more excited :love: ... the Stock pictures don't do this bike any justice ... Enjoy it!
Life is not a matter of counting the years,
It's a matter of making the years count!

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 05:21:06 AM »

FLH91

Beautiful!  But we're going to need more pics!  :-)
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

SGchristian

• Harley Davidson Riders Mainfranken
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 02:15:44 PM »

Beautiful Bike (s)

Show us a pic of the two bikes please.

ladydeluxe

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 09:04:47 PM »

Hi Older Guy,

FLH91
Ordered the cobalt blue CVO Deluxe today, not sure how long I'll have to wait but I'm not in a big hurry.

2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
Wendy

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »

Thats great!!  Congrats!!  Not sure how far you are from Rochester MN but they have one on the show room floor as does Grand Rapids HD...
Again, Congrats!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.