CVO Technical > Riding Gear

New Helmet Opinions

(1/2) > >>

drgmis16:
Thinking of replacing current helmet and looking at Bell, Schuberth mainly but others also.  Do not need the Bluetooth or Sena as just happy with being plugged into bike.  The Schuberth comes with speakers already installed and wondering if anyone has an idea to use these and using the cord to connect to the bike.  Another option might be to remove the installed speakers and replace with JM or some other brand.  This is probably like asking about the best oil or suspension upgrades but curious about others opinions. 

GregKhougaz:
Tell us about what you have now so we know what you're used to...

I have a Klim carbon modular with J&M headset that I like but there are may brands....

I notice there are several helmet threads, below....

SDCVO:
I have been using the AGV carbon sportmodular for about a year and a half and love it. Last june went over the handlebars at around 35 MPH hitting head first and didnt even have a headache that night so definitely bought another. Also very comfortable for me even with the Iasus speakers installed. Crazy light 

dmnrdn:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on April 05, 2020, 06:18:58 PM ---Tell us about what you have now so we know what you're used to...

I have a Klim carbon modular with J&M headset that I like but there are may brands....

I notice there are several helmet threads, below....

--- End quote ---

+1 on the Klim carbon modular.  Great helmet and 14oz lighter that my Nolan104.  I put EdSets in it and to me they are clearer than the J&M in my Nolan. 

drgmis16:
Right now have a Bell Star and also an Arai that switch back and forth. For the speakers and mic just have the HD that came with the purchase of the motorcycle. Have read good things about the JM though. Like the Bell for their face shield that darkens when outside so do not need to use sunglasses inside the helmet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version