Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

09 Springer tail light hard to see

<< < (2/3) > >>

GLKSpringer:
And you have a 2009 in candy cobalt?

GLKSpringer:
I am going to pull it and break it open.  I’ll post the results. 

gmeikle:
For the 2008 (at least) you can score new copy units complete from ebay for cheap. No doubt Chinese/Taiwanese/Singaporean or similar.

At that model year they are the same LED lamp cluster as any other Softail with the 200 rear tyre and Bobtail guard (LOTS of models 2006 to 2017)

I have a just such new one in the box, just arrived , indeed it's the complete fitting kit like you're fitting it to a bike with a globe rear taillight.

All I needed was the LED cluster alone , but all the wee bolts and brackets may come in handy.

I am assuming it's plug and play with no grief, but we'll see how that goes !

I am thinking the cluster on an '09 CVO Springer may actually be model unique one year only ?

GLKSpringer:
Thanks!  I just looked the light up on ebay.  That may be an option.  I believe you are correct.  The 09 is most likely unique.  The 07-08s have a 200 rear tire, the 09s have a 240.  The fender and tail light naturally a little wider to accommodate.  But the light on ebay, even if it does not quite fill the entire bobtail should still fit the contour. It’s worth taking a flyer for $70. 

GLKSpringer:
Let me know how the ebay light works out and if it is indeed plug and play.  I came across this light that says it will fit but $100 more.  Looks nearly identical to OEM light. 

https://www.eaglelights.com/products/eagle-lights-bobtail-tri-bar-led-tail-light-with-turn-signals-for-harley-davidson-06-current-softail-fxst-fxstb-fxstc-fxsts-and-flstsb?variant=42365106389190&gclid=CjwKCAjws7WkBhBFEiwAIi1680h3_Q9LR_ZmaTEzCMRUZQZLPJIqvPspeYOu6UbW6K2DiYCdOndXBRoCAGgQAvD_BwE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version