Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question About Going from Rockford Fosgate Stage I to Stage II  (Read 574 times)

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
Question About Going from Rockford Fosgate Stage I to Stage II
« on: September 20, 2022, 08:41:56 AM »

My 22 CVO trike came with the RF Stage I.  I can get some Stage II speakers for the fairing and tourpak cheap and can still use the same amp.  Will the dealer have to flash my bike after?  I think that the HD RF audio app may make some changes when you go from I to II, but the app doesn't work with my trike.  My trike didn't come with the bluetooth dongle for the amp and probably doesn't have the cable for the dongle.  App won't recognize the bike without it.  Thanks.

JonC____

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Question About Going from Rockford Fosgate Stage I to Stage II
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »

My 22 CVO trike came with the RF Stage I.  I can get some Stage II speakers for the fairing and tourpak cheap and can still use the same amp.  Will the dealer have to flash my bike after?  I think that the HD RF audio app may make some changes when you go from I to II, but the app doesn't work with my trike.  My trike didn't come with the bluetooth dongle for the amp and probably doesn't have the cable for the dongle.  App won't recognize the bike without it.  Thanks.
After weeks of research for my 17. I don't think you would be happy with just a speaker swap.
Volunteeraudio.com has a YouTube page with tons of videos.  He is removing alot of the Rockford stuff and going to hertz. 
I'm removing all the Boom stuff and going to hertz on mine

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
Re: Question About Going from Rockford Fosgate Stage I to Stage II
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 07:54:28 AM »

Actually, I did this swap months ago.  As I said, I got the speakers cheap and already had the amp.  Certainly isn't the best, but I'm satisfied with it.  I think that you will be more than satisfied with what you are going to do.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 24 queries.