Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Right side speakers not working  (Read 645 times)

Bakes68

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Right side speakers not working
« on: October 28, 2022, 06:23:23 AM »

Hi Guys, I have an issue with my Stereo, 2015 fltruse no right side audio, from what i had read this can be an amp issue, brought a new second hand amp that was working fine when taken out, installed it and still no right side, have checked wiring from amp to speakers and they are all good, checked wiring from stereo to amp and all fine. At this stage i am thinking the stereo has dropped a channel, tried the headset and both speakers work on that. Anyone had a problem like this? Thanks

kingja167

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Re: Right side speakers not working
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 03:04:49 PM »

I am having small issue on a 2007 Cvo.
Replaced stereo, replaced amp, still no so sound on right side.
But get both sides through headphones...

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Right side speakers not working
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 11:49:27 PM »

I am having small issue on a 2007 Cvo.
Replaced stereo, replaced amp, still no so sound on right side.
But get both sides through headphones...
The stereo (head unit, HU) back then had a common problem:  The final output stage (last one before signal went to the power amp) failed pretty regularly.  Any time I heard "it works through the headset" I knew it was either the usual problem or the selector switch for speakers/headset was bad.

Iron Cross Audio would fix them right, or people would replace the HU with either another HD unit or an after-market like Panasonic.

If you got an HD take-off unit from eBay etc., it might have been somebody's bad one, or it might have gone bad when they removed/shipped it.  I'd check with Iron Cross Audio or go after-market, since even a brand new one from those days will break within a couple years.  I guess that company wanted to guarantee "customers forever" since they never corrected that, uhm, 'design flaw'.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.