Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auxiliary switch question  (Read 676 times)

Motorheads

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 06 Ultra Black Crimson
Auxiliary switch question
« on: November 27, 2022, 04:48:26 PM »

Hi all. I had the understanding that the auxiliary switch on the dash, was basically the main power feed to the heated grips and seat. Well mine don't . The grips come on, on their own with a twist of the left hand dial. The seat is the same way, but fortunately they are keyed with the ignition, so no killing the battery if their control is left on.
My question is, does anyone know where the feed is from the auxiliary switch on the dash panel, and how accessible it is?
I was thinking on adding some lighted accessories and wanted to utilize that switch. I know I'll wind up taking the fairing off AGAIN, but just want to make sure.
Going to be a part of the "down for the winter" projects.

Thanks

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Auxiliary switch question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 07:21:23 PM »

What year and model of bike?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 08:58:20 PM »

Hi all. I had the understanding that the auxiliary switch on the dash, was basically the main power feed to the heated grips and seat. Well mine don't . The grips come on, on their own with a twist of the left hand dial. The seat is the same way, but fortunately they are keyed with the ignition, so no killing the battery if their control is left on.
My question is, does anyone know where the feed is from the auxiliary switch on the dash panel, and how accessible it is?
I was thinking on adding some lighted accessories and wanted to utilize that switch. I know I'll wind up taking the fairing off AGAIN, but just want to make sure.
Going to be a part of the "down for the winter" projects.

Thanks

Just looked at your old posts to identify bike.  Is it the 2006?  If so the aux switch controls a power wire on a 4 pin connector under the dash in the hole in the frame up in front of the gas tank.  It's a four pin Deutsch connector.  Just one of the four wires is the aux power controlled by that switch.

Motorheads

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 05:46:50 PM »

Oops, Sorry about not giving the year and model. Another forum has the option of the description. Forgot to add.

Yes Twolanerider, it is a 2006 Ultra CVO. Thank you for the info on the location. I'll have to take a looksee under her covers, lol

I was also wondering how to add the description / avatar on the side "signature"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:48:43 PM by Motorheads »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 07:33:14 PM »

Oops, Sorry about not giving the year and model. Another forum has the option of the description. Forgot to add.

Yes Twolanerider, it is a 2006 Ultra CVO. Thank you for the info on the location. I'll have to take a looksee under her covers, lol

I was also wondering how to add the description / avatar on the side "signature"
I'm using Tapatalk on my phone so even if you have it in your signature, I would see it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 08:31:04 PM »

On my 2011 SERGU, the aux switch controlled a connector under the seat.  I used it to control the oil cooler fans I added.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Motorheads

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 05:29:05 PM »

Found It!
It was hiding in front of the battery, under the seat. Kind of had to dig it out of a carnivorous hole.

Also figured out why my battery tender was not functioning. I guess you have to hook up the ground to the battery, for it to do it's thing.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 07:15:51 PM »

Found It!
It was hiding in front of the battery, under the seat. Kind of had to dig it out of a carnivorous hole.

Also figured out why my battery tender was not functioning. I guess you have to hook up the ground to the battery, for it to do it's thing.

Nice job finding the fiddly bits.  There's a lot going on up there.  Good luck with the rest of the task.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 24 queries.