Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stage 4 cam  (Read 1909 times)

Pan1

• Full CVO Member
Stage 4 cam
« on: August 30, 2018, 10:27:12 PM »

I want to keep the factory warranty and wondered how the Stage 4 kit  performs with a a more torque oriented cam luke the one in the stage 3 kit. The bike will be a CVO Road glide and I plan to use a Fulksac head pipe and baffles.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Stage 4 cam
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 05:09:14 AM »

1.  Harley can't swap cams from one stage to another b/c they don't have EPA approved fuel maps for these "blended" setups.  I wanted to put the Stg 2 torque cam into the Stg 3 kit.  No way to do it and keep the warranty.

2.  The warranty will be voided if you use any exhaust system except the HD/EPA approved ones...available only from Harley.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »

I did exactly that on my 117 build. Runs strong, 128/130.Not an issue.  Build recommended by HD chief wrench.Worked for me!

msemersky

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 02:34:39 PM »

Spook120, which cam and tuner did you use?

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 02:57:58 PM »

Spook120, which cam and tuner did you use?

Are you using the Screamin Eagle Tuner or ???  Dyno sheet, would love to see the curve
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »

I used the Stage 3 cam with a complete Stage 4 build, Fullsac cores, TTS tuner.  The motor was built and tuned by the master wrench that does all my stuff.  He essentially totally rebuilt the motor, checked every thing, installed the upgrade oil pump, and tuned to run like a bike should.  The HD shop where I have bought $$$ worth of stuff WILL stand behind it if things go to crap.  Not sure about other dealers.  But to be honest, I don't care.  If the motor goes south tomorrow, it is just the price of playing the game.  The bike has never had any indication of sumping or transmission lube transfer, but then it only has about 3K on the clocks as I ride my BMW GSA for any serious cross country stuff. I have no idea how to post pictures or such but if you PM me with a text number I will take a picture of the dyno run given to me.  I really never looked much at it as the bike just flat out runs well making good torque low and not seeming to run out out of motor at upper RPM ranges.  Would it run with my carb 120 Tman motor?  Probably not, but then its a whole different animal.  The bike does what it is expected and that's all I need.  Your results might vary depending on your expectations.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 05:18:15 PM by spook120 »

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »

I want to keep the factory warranty
I did exactly that on my 117 build. Runs strong, 128/130.Not an issue.  Build recommended by HD chief wrench.Worked for me!
  The HD shop where I have bought $$$ worth of stuff WILL stand behind it if things go to crap.  Not sure about other dealers.  But to be honest, I don't care.
A summary of interesting points.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 05:07:50 PM »

Like anything posted on the web, draw your own conclusions, lol!
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 07:00:01 PM »

I guess if keeping the factory warranty is essential, then don't tempt fate, stick what is covered by all dealers and call it good.  I simply posted what I chose to do. Nothing more. Good luck and ride safe.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.