Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New update for BOOMbox Version: 1.22.0.1  (Read 8197 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: New update for BOOMbox Version: 1.22.0.1
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »

I am running the new Firmware and at first thought it was ok...  Then took a 90 minute ride and about 1 hour into the drive, the map started to white out in areas.  Eventually then entire map went white.  Rest of system was working properly, but no nav map.  I tried to recalculate the trip, but no help.  About 20 minutes later the map started to appear again.

This is not a rural, uncharted area.  I was in Sarasota FL, when the problem started and it didn't clear until I was just about in St. Pete Beach.

On the way home, Nav worked fine.  Very strange issue.  Maybe a one time FU?  We'll see, but this never happened with any of the previous FW's.
Last update, going though Memphis headed west, bike map locked up.  Had to stop and restart bike in AR welcome center.  On the way home, headed east the map locked up as soon as I crossed the Mississippi river and had to stop and restart bike after I got east of Memphis.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

kramtsew

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 01:41:15 AM »

After many failed attempts to upgrade the software and numerous different usb sticks of varying size and file format I at last have managed to get it to upgrade.
Reason for the failed attempts was that the boom 6.5 FLHTKSE is not actually the CVO version but in fact is the 6.5GT premium ROW.
So for anyone else that may encountering problems upgrading their Australian "CVO" Boom software, there you have the reason.........

moochy28

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »

For some reason I can't get the update to download on Apple I Mac..Anybody help me..

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 08:24:20 AM »

I had a 4000 mile week last week including 3 1000 mile days.  I use the Boom nav as a backup to my RT Garmin z590.  I had issues with BOTH. 

The 1.22.0.1 update has a few bugs, but I didn't have the lock-up issues reported above.  Due to issues with my z590, that I normally use with tone interrupt, I found out that the 'Enable Nav Prompts' setting doesn't persist in the "On" setting.  Previous versions had issues with it persisting in the "Off" setting.  They need to get this right.

All of this because the z590 kept losing comm connections with its mounting base.  Then I had no voice instructions to get my attention during turns.  I missed two exists because of this and the Boom prompts not staying on.  I cleaned all the connections yesterday, so hopefully the Garmin will be more reliable going forward.

I had numerous issues with my WHIM and HD Evo 20s.  I finally fixed that when I got home, where I unplugged the module and re-mounted my trusty old wired headset.  Some folks have reported being able to use either, but I couldn't make the wired headset microphone work while the module was plugged in.
Big Lew
IBA #595
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 24 queries.