Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Antenna Splitter  (Read 1103 times)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
Antenna Splitter
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:32:27 PM »

Is the antenna wire a standard wire, or is it a different connector type? I put on a Dakota digital hidden antenna so I could remove the antenna when I use the tourpak. The reception is terrible when they are plugged in. One or another is ok. Anyone have any ideas?
TJ

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
Re: Antenna Splitter
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 01:08:54 AM »

Not sure exactly what you mean.  The Dakota is a powered antenna so you have a small wire that you would have connected to a power source and then you have the larger (Motorola type) plug, plugged into the your radio.  Is that how you have this connected?

Dave

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:50 AM »

Not sure exactly what you mean.  The Dakota is a powered antenna so you have a small wire that you would have connected to a power source and then you have the larger (Motorola type) plug, plugged into the your radio.  Is that how you have this connected?

Dave
[/quote
Yes
When I ordered the splitter they had two different sizes. The regular size end and a different size end plug. maybe a little larger width? I dont remember what they called it, but The radio plays like its not getting a good antenna connection. Like the station comes in then not. The reception is better if just one is hooked up than it does with them both hooked up  at the same time.
TJ

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »

I too have had this problem.  When I have just the tune trapper and no y-cord, I still have terrible reception. I have been watching posts on here for along time and still have not found a solution.  I have noticed that everyone has a preference of which antenna is better. The seem to equal out between the tune trapper and the dakota digital. I will be watching this post too.

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »

I came to the conclusion that none of the powered hidden antennas were any good. Just get a shorter antenna and screw it in. If it's an 09 or 10 they used the shorter antennas and the detachable tour pack fits over them.  They bend slightly and work fine.  Put a piece of clear packing tape on the bottom of the tour pack where it rubs to keep it from scratching the paint.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.