Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siren II Installation Problem  (Read 938 times)

Craig

Siren II Installation Problem
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »

Hi,

I am a new member and have found cvoharley.com to be a fountain of information.  I have a 2010 Tri Glide Ultra with about 450 miles on it.  Back to riding after a 25 year absence.  I have done the rear audio input jack modification to my radio for the Garmin 550 thanks to "How To" HK 06 and up Aux Jack to back of radio by hd-dude.

Now to my problem.   My bike has the factory security system [installed at the dealer] without the siren.  I installed the Siren II following the limited instructions as follows:
Turning the ignition to on and unplugging the main fuse. 
Then put siren in holder and plugged it into harness.
Plugged the fuse back in and turned ignition to off position.

Now when turning to on position the alarm goes off.   I have tried installing and reinstalling several times with the same problem.  The engine will start and run.

I have also have the pager receiver and have had no problems linking that to the Siren II.  I have also done the antenna modification thanks to A Great Modification for Those with the Smart Siren II w/Pager Alarm by coyotedata.

When I unplug the siren with the ignition on and fuse out, and then plug fuse back in the bike runs normally.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated in getting the Siren II to work properly.

Thanks,
Craig

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Siren II Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »

If I can remember correctly, the siren has to be married to the ecm. The instructions dont come with the siren and the order takers at the counter cant tell you how to do it.
Think its a 3 or 4 step process thats in the electrical manual. I`ll try to research the process.
Dave

Craig

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 02:45:20 AM »

Thanks,
Craig

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:25 AM »

I didn't have to do anything extra when i installed mine. No marry to the ECM that I can remember.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »

I didn't have to do anything extra when i installed mine. No marry to the ECM that I can remember.

You verry well may be right. I could be thinking of the security system install its self.
If had a few brain surgerys since I last worked on an alarm.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.