Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: T-bags...yea or neh.  (Read 5889 times)

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
T-bags...yea or neh.
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:52 PM »

I have an 08 SERK and am trying to make up my mind on a bag for the luggage rack. Im looking at the T-bag line... in particular MLTBU47 or MLTBU851. Would anyone be using these bags? Sure could use a recomendation. Thanks in advance.  :beerchug: Muddy
Save The Wave...

jwygo

• JWYGO
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 105th
Re: T-bags...yea or neh.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »

I used my new T-Bag Dekker Supreme on a 3500 trip over Memorial Day to the Tetons and Yellowstone.  It is extremely well made.  I loved all the pockets. I had to use the attached rain cover and it worked perfectly.  I took out a couple of the rigid foam side panels and that let me put more stuff in with no loss of shape.  It was obviously designed for the touring pack luggage rack.  I can only believe their other bags are designed specifically for back rests or luggage racks the same way.     

You can get them cheaper than from the T-Bag web site.  Do a google search on " T Bag <xxxxxxx> low price "  where you put in your model type where I have the x's.  I found my >$225 Dekker for about $130 plus shipping at www.cyclepages.com

I just looked and it isn't that cheap any more.  But you'll be able to find a decent deal if you look at enough web sites.

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »

I used my new T-Bag Dekker Supreme on a 3500 trip over Memorial Day to the Tetons and Yellowstone.  It is extremely well made.  I loved all the pockets. I had to use the attached rain cover and it worked perfectly.  I took out a couple of the rigid foam side panels and that let me put more stuff in with no loss of shape.  It was obviously designed for the touring pack luggage rack.  I can only believe their other bags are designed specifically for back rests or luggage racks the same way.     

You can get them cheaper than from the T-Bag web site.  Do a google search on " T Bag <xxxxxxx> low price "  where you put in your model type where I have the x's.  I found my >$225 Dekker for about $130 plus shipping at www.cyclepages.com

I just looked and it isn't that cheap any more.  But you'll be able to find a decent deal if you look at enough web sites.
Thanks jwygo: Sure do appreciate the input. Yes, they do look pretty well made and  appear to be durable. I was trying to get a feel on how they actually ride as well (in regards to my application) thanks for the link! So far, the Harley dealership actually gives me the best price so far, ummmm. Again thanks!! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:52:38 PM »

Thanks jwygo: Sure do appreciate the input. Yes, they do look pretty well made and  appear to be durable. I was trying to get a feel on how they actually ride as well (in regards to my application) thanks for the link! So far, the Harley dealership actually gives me the best price so far, ummmm. Again thanks!! Muddy

Hey Muddy, I've owned 5 RK's since '95. Get a detachable luggage rack from HD and use a bag that sits on it and straps to the passenger sissy bar. The short sissy bar it comes with won't work though. You'll need the rear SERK specific detachable kit, luggage rack, and taller sissy bar for the backrest. But don't get a bag made for the TP rack like the TBag Dekker bags. They arent made for those smaller luggage racks. I have a Roller Dekker, but will only use it on my TP rack, not my luggage rack. Might work, but will be unstable back there. TBag and SAC both make nice T-Bags! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »

Hey Muddy, I've owned 5 RK's since '95. Get a detachable luggage rack from HD and use a bag that sits on it and straps to the passenger sissy bar. The short sissy bar it comes with won't work though. You'll need the rear SERK specific detachable kit, luggage rack, and taller sissy bar for the backrest. But don't get a bag made for the TP rack like the TBag Dekker bags. They arent made for those smaller luggage racks. I have a Roller Dekker, but will only use it on my TP rack, not my luggage rack. Might work, but will be unstable back there. TBag and SAC both make nice T-Bags! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hello Hoist, yes I can relate to what you say...found out today (HD shop) that the detachable luggage rack will not work on my short sissy bar :o . Having said that... I purchased the medium sissy bar, along with the detachable. For some reason I was not able to stop there. ;). I went ahead and ordered the Sundowner touring seat!!! and matching pad!! Now I still need to get the T-bag...but am undecided. I'm between T-bag models MLTBU47 and MLTBU851...any help there??? Thanks heaps!!! MUddy
Save The Wave...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

Hello Hoist, yes I can relate to what you say...found out today (HD shop) that the detachable luggage rack will not work on my short sissy bar :o . Having said that... I purchased the medium sissy bar, along with the detachable. For some reason I was not able to stop there. ;). I went ahead and ordered the Sundowner touring seat!!! and matching pad!! Now I still need to get the T-bag...but am undecided. I'm between T-bag models MLTBU47 and MLTBU851...any help there??? Thanks heaps!!! MUddy

Not familiar with their models Muddy. I have a SAC bag. But I'd get the biggest one available. Travelling 2-up, you'll need all the room you can get, especially with those oversized glove compartments they're calling saddlebags on the SERK 3/4's! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »

Just returned from a 3800 mile trip from Seattle to Hollister, Yosemite, Reno (inlcuding Virginia City and Carson City), Crater Lake, Hells Canyon, the Blue Mtns of Oregon and back to Seattle.  I had the Deckker Supreme as well on my CVO.

On Tioga Pass in Yosemite, got hit with marble size hail and rain.  The rain cover was perfect and the bag stayed dry.  The bag was great for this trip.  Highly recommend TBags!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »

Muddy, these guys that love the Dekker have FD's, not RK's. I have a KTP for my SERK and have a Dekker too, and I love it too! But it's not good for a RK luggage rack, only good on the TP. ;)

Hoist! 8)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 08:45:46 PM »

http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=77&SelectedCat=4

I have a T-Bag "Dakota" - brand new still in the box...if anyone wants it, I'll sell it...

make an offer... :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

Muddywaters,

I have the T-Bags Rt.66 and it is an incredible bag.  Fits great on the SERK luggage rack, the Heritage rack and I even use it on the SE-Vrod as well.  Extremely well made and durable.  It comes with a roll bag net, so it's real easy to add the matching roll bag if you need to carry more stuff.  I love the built in pull up handle and wheels.  Makes it real easy to wheel into the hotel etc. at the end of a long riding day.  The built in rain cover pulls out quick and easy to keep it completely dry, even in the toad strangler rains we always seem to run into.  Wouldn't make a trip without it.  

Craig

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 10:48:18 PM »

Not familiar with their models Muddy. I have a SAC bag. But I'd get the biggest one available. Travelling 2-up, you'll need all the room you can get, especially with those oversized glove compartments they're calling saddlebags on the SERK 3/4's! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Thanks again Hoist! yea, I can relate to the oversized glove compartments  :(. Have ya ever tried to get a packed liner in or out of them boxes???? I can just see the liner in another year....they'll probably look like a kite tail!!

2pak: Missed ya... we live approx. 12 miles from Hollister! Looks like your timing was good too...as the Yosemite fire is getting real close...sounds like you had a great ride! Thanks for the info!

sadunbar: Looks like a great deal, but I need a bag for the serk...hopefully somebody will chime in!

Lilbear: Hey, thanks for the great feedback...yu sold me! I was actaully leaning towards the 851 which is basically the same as the 47 Route 66 minus the wheels and pull handle. The reason I was leaning towards the 851...it lookes like, the access to the map pocket was a better. But, the 66 looks like it might be a bit more ridgid which is what I really liked. Thanks for the great info! Muddy
Save The Wave...

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 11:11:50 PM »

Muddywaters,

I have the T-Bags Rt.66 and it is an incredible bag.  Fits great on the SERK luggage rack, the Heritage rack and I even use it on the SE-Vrod as well.  Extremely well made and durable.  It comes with a roll bag net, so it's real easy to add the matching roll bag if you need to carry more stuff.  I love the built in pull up handle and wheels.  Makes it real easy to wheel into the hotel etc. at the end of a long riding day.  The built in rain cover pulls out quick and easy to keep it completely dry, even in the toad strangler rains we always seem to run into.  Wouldn't make a trip without it.  

Craig
Same bike, same T-bag and same review as lilbear's.

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 11:24:02 PM »

Same bike, same T-bag and same review as lilbear's.

GH: Two thumbs up!!!! :beerchug: Muddy
Save The Wave...

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:45:47 AM »

The Dakota is Awesome
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »

Sklywag,
that is what i like to see a bike ready for a mission.....
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.