Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: T-Shirts Gone Wild At Local Dealer  (Read 4313 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
T-Shirts Gone Wild At Local Dealer
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »

I just ran to get a couple of t-shirts for friends that had asked me to send them shirts from Graceland Harley Davidson. Cheapest long sleeve in the place was $34.95 and that was on the sale / discontinued rack. It was a thin screen printed POS. A few months ago they were $29.95 and not on the sale rack. A few years ago I said I was through buying t-shirts since I have more new ones than I will ever need, of course I didn't stop but did slow down some. But at these prices, I can keep my word now.
Have other dealers done a big price hike recently? The 110 problems must be cutting into the bottom line for MoCo more than I'd imagined. :nixweiss:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: T-Shirts Gone Wild At Local Dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:52:31 PM »

insanity.  Only saving grace is that several HD T's that I own are the highest quality T's in the JW fleet.  But it's still just a T for chrisake.  I might consider angora or chiffon in that price range to be reasonable.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »

I just ran to get a couple of t-shirts for friends that had asked me to send them shirts from Graceland Harley Davidson. Cheapest long sleeve in the place was $34.95 and that was on the sale / discontinued rack. It was a thin screen printed POS. A few months ago they were $29.95 and not on the sale rack. A few years ago I said I was through buying t-shirts since I have more new ones than I will ever need, of course I didn't stop but did slow down some. But at these prices, I can keep my word now.
Have other dealers done a big price hike recently? The 110 problems must be cutting into the bottom line for MoCo more than I'd imagined. :nixweiss:

Now that I will have a trailer, I can stop buying so many tee shirts...

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:07:32 PM »

Bill, I never thought of that. Can't wait to get home tonight and tell Kathy there is another good reason I bought the Bushtec. :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »

Took a little trip over the Labor Day weekend.  Went to my wife's family reunion :( in Lubbock, TX (in the car - not on the bike >:( )
Anyway, I wanted to break the trip up a little, so stopped at the HD store in Wichita Falls, TX and in Lubbock.  Bought T-shirts at both stores off the sale rack and I think I paid about $18 for each.  I think that is about the same price I have paid for most HD T-shirts for the past several years.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »

That is about what they were here a year ago, around $25 regular and $20 on sale.
I am wondering if they just jacked the prices way up for "Elvis Week", the anniversary of his death which draws thousands of people here from all over the world, it was a couple of weeks ago. Then forgot to drop the prices back down below gouging levels.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »

Took a little trip over the Labor Day weekend.  Went to my wife's family reunion :( in Lubbock, TX (in the car - not on the bike >:( )
Anyway, I wanted to break the trip up a little, so stopped at the HD store in Wichita Falls, TX and in Lubbock.  Bought T-shirts at both stores off the sale rack and I think I paid about $18 for each.  I think that is about the same price I have paid for most HD T-shirts for the past several years.

Anne never buys the "plain" t-shirts....they are always the fancy ones with sequined logos or some other feature...

average dealer expenditure on the last trip was about $70 for two shirts...

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »

Anne never buys the "plain" t-shirts....they are always the fancy ones with sequined logos or some other feature...

average dealer expenditure on the last trip was about $70 for two shirts...

I just thought of something, y'all will be in Memphis in a couple of weeks. With the shirt prices what they are here at Graceland HD and I remember someone writing some time ago about Anne's affinity for hats maybe you should call ahead and open an account at Graceland or post a line of credit to fill that trailer up. ;D ;D ;D

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »

I just thought of something, y'all will be in Memphis in a couple of weeks. With the shirt prices what they are here at Graceland HD and I remember someone writing some time ago about Anne's affinity for hats maybe you should call ahead and open an account at Graceland or post a line of credit to fill that trailer up. ;D ;D ;D

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »

I stopped buying the t-shirts and started collecting dealership lapel pins.  Most are way over priced, but they are still 1/3rd the cost of a t-shirt.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:16:11 AM »

Now that I will have a trailer, I can stop buying so many tee shirts...

Bill,
Does that apply to Bandana's if so somebody forgot to tell Soozie!...........lol.............

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 05:29:27 AM »

I usually try to buy my T's  the last day of a rally. They will more than likely deal at this point. Even at a HD dealer I've picked up 10 T's, put them on the counter and let know what I'm willing to pay. I've been told no way a few times but also have told OK a few. THE MUFFMAN

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 06:25:23 AM »

I only buy T's if they are really unusual , and have been collecting pins for 40 yrs , much easier to get in the saddlebags if you are on a long trip
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 06:30:25 AM »

The last number that came up in conversation was that the Moco's revenues from bikes was 38%..If it's anywhere around that percentage, it's no wonder,that in order to maximize profit,they raise everything else.Along with the production cutback, they have to make up the difference somewhere to keep stockholders happy.

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.