Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Helmets for kids??  (Read 1373 times)

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
Helmets for kids??
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:53:12 AM »

I need to find a good helmet for my grandson-who'll be 2 in a month.  Any suggestions for brands/where to buy?  I'm thinking maybe I should wait until next summer as he won't be on it much at all until then.  How long can a kid that young have a helmet that fits until they outgrow it?  Do they make them so that they are adjustable as they grow?  Lots of questions and I haven't even looked anywhere yet.
  This sure puts a smile on his face though!  I tell him to "give it the gas" and he twists the throttle.  Then when I tell him to "let off" he lets go-(so grandpa can rest)
Steve

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Helmets for kids??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 05:15:32 AM »

Check out www.scootertronics.com.  They are out of Maryland. We have ordered kids helmets from there in the past. THE MUFFMAN

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »

I have given young kids rides before.  Just my opinion, if they don't have more weight on them than most 2 year-olds, I ain't putting them on back and getting out on the street.  I gave a 5 year-old girl a ride a few years back... she probably weighed 40 or 50 lbs.  Scared me a few times when she bounced up off the seat when I hit a few small bumps on the road.

I now have two grandaughters (2 and 4 year old).  They have been on Papa's bike when I ride it from my shop up to the house (about 100 yards), but I ain't taking them out on the street for a ride until they get a little taller and gain some weight.
Just my opinion ;)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »

Its not for everyone. I purchased there for my son's mini bike years ago because I couldn't find one to fit him properly. Top speed: 8 mph. My 14 year old daughter & 9 year old son have never been on the back of any of my bikes as of yet..THE MUFFMAN

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 06:37:11 PM »

This isn't for him to ride with me, it's for him to wear when he's on his bike in the yard or driveway.  Probably won't happen until next summer anyway but the one my wife got for him that he has on in the picture, doesn't fit very well. :orange:
Steve

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.