Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paint chipping  (Read 2082 times)

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
Paint chipping
« on: May 17, 2009, 07:04:55 AM »

Right outta the gate, my tank mount braket on my Dyna started chipping.  (both sides)  So MoCo wanted the take back so Gunslinger could look at it.  They agreed to take it in the winter of '07 so I could ride in season.  Problem started again in the spring of '09.  (Live in New Hampshire, ride 6 months out of the year)  Now they are saying MoCo/Gunslinger might paint it again, but want to see it asap to determine fault, they will not let it wait until winter or as Roxanne stated, I cannot tell you what to do, but I wouldnt wait.    I understand it has been a while, but why would they take the tank during riding season?  I will probably have to paint it locally outta pocket.  Should I research the colors or trust the paint shop?  Anyone know the paint codes?  I know there are bigger problems out there, but this is my 1st issue with MoCo.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:44:52 AM by soulfly »
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

sullyboo

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 fxdse2
Re: Paint chipping
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:22:34 PM »

I had a scratch on my rear fender that went to the metal. I had a local painter fix it and he matched it perfectly, he even had to do the pin-strip. I talked the dealer where I bought the bike to see who they would recommend. I don't know the paint code so I can not help you there.
Sullyboo

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »

I hate the MoCo for doing this stupid Chit to us.. If the paint on a brand new car just started to fall off when new they would fixed it. And own it when it happens again in six months. But not the MoCo we get the big F U for being loyal H-D customers,we buy the shirts, jackets, boots and all the other crazy stuff we buy on top of our very expensive bikes. You would think they would treat us right. But they don't and we still buy more stuff and new bikes. It's kinda like paying for a kick in the nuts..  just my .02
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »

I have a buddy that has a 07 SE Dyna. The paint is chipping so bad on the neck of the frame that the Dealership tried to fix it only to really make it look worse. Not only that but the keyed lock has never worked. Harley never tried to make good on it either. The Dealership should have tried to do something also but did not.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »

Right outta the gate, my tank mount braket on my Dyna started chipping.  (both sides)  So MoCo wanted the take back so Gunslinger could look at it.  They agreed to take it in the winter of '07 so I could ride in season.  Problem started again in the spring of '09.  (Live in New Hampshire, ride 6 months out of the year)  Now they are saying MoCo/Gunslinger might paint it again, but want to see it asap to determine fault, they will not let it wait until winter or as Roxanne stated, I cannot tell you what to do, but I wouldnt wait.    I understand it has been a while, but why would they take the tank during riding season?  I will probably have to paint it locally outta pocket.  Should I research the colors or trust the paint shop?  Anyone know the paint codes?  I know there are bigger problems out there, but this is my 1st issue with MoCo.

This is very strange, but then maybe I don't fully understand the situation.  Is it the actual bracket on the fuel tank, or a bracket on the frame?  If it's the tank, then they should send you a new tank and only swap it with the old one once the new one arrives at the dealership.  This is how my SEEG tank was handled, as well as the Tour Pak lid and other painted parts. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »

Jerry,

The dealer in Concord NH contacted MoCo, and MoCo contacted Gunslinger, they paint the CVO's.  That is how I understand it.  They would not give me a new tank the first time, I was instructed to send the tank back, unless something different happened without my knowledge.  It is the tank mount bracket that connects to the frame that will not take paint.  And now they seem to think I have somehow did this, I do not work on my bike, I do not even change my own oil yet!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 04:59:03 PM by soulfly »
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.